Creative takes on overdone effects.

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
R1, I agree with your post. I didn't think his performance was particularly good. It wasn't particularly bad, but it just didn't seem special to me.

One thing that really irked me was his "I don't do tricks, I do magic" line. I think it made him come off as a jerk. Saying something like that on national tv, especially to the host just rubs me the wrong way. I guess using that line on a heckler might be appropriate (maybe), but not to the host of the show you are performing on. I don't think laypeople really see a difference between "magic" and "trick." I have heard laypeople call Lance Burton's stage routine a trick. I really think his use of that phrase made him look bad.

Jun 1, 2009
I agree, I actually winced when he said that line. The shadow concept was cool as I haven't seen it before, but he could've milked it soooo much more. Why not get the shadow to pull out the card as well?
The MCF was really well done, I see now how placing attention at certain things at certain moments can really help in performing sleights like that.

All in all, not a bad performance, but obviously several things could've been improved upon that were already mentioned, so no need for me to repeat.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results