Aug 16, 2016
I'm not new to magic. My biggest fear is gathering a crowd and performing. When ever i do perform or show people (I'm talking about street magic) it is usually 1 vs 1 with a stranger or I'm showing to just friends or family. I've been doing magic since i was in 7th grade so about 4 years now and have never learned this. I have anxiety issues sometimes and i can be a bit shy. I noticed a thread like this from 2012 and it had someone skype to help this other guy. I was wondering if anyone could help me over skype or some other form of communication. I really want to learn this! Please help me.

Thank you

Aug 17, 2016
You should know most people love magic so there's no reason to be afraid of an audience. Plus you should consider starting with a little group of close friends or family and from then you will surely be more comfortable with performing in front of a crowd.

Hope it helps.

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
one thing that helped me when I was starting up, was I would perform to a small group of friends while out at clubs or bars. Then say I used some flash paper or something else eye catching, other people would gather around.
I'd get over the initial performance nerves with my friends, and by the time the crowd was bigger, I'd be having a great time with everyone.
Once the crowd is there you can move away from the friends and perform for the strangers or keep doing it for everyone.

Aug 25, 2016
one thing that helped me when I was starting up, was I would perform to a small group of friends while out at clubs or bars. Then say I used some flash paper or something else eye catching, other people would gather around.
I'd get over the initial performance nerves with my friends, and by the time the crowd was bigger, I'd be having a great time with everyone.
Once the crowd is there you can move away from the friends and perform for the strangers or keep doing it for everyone.

Great tips, the whole point of doing it on the street is to gather a small crowd anyway.

May 7, 2015
This is something that will go away with time. I recommend that you have a few fail proof, fall back tricks that are stress free, such as self working card tricks, key-card effects, or even a Svengali Deck or other gimmick. Also, I advise that when other people walk up, engage them immediately and get them involved, it is welcoming to them, respectful to the situation and keeps you in control of the crowd. This is normal, just don't quit performing, keep at it and it will become less and less. Another tip, try to re-channel the nerves, realize that they are energizing you, much better than feeling tired. The nerves can be used like a shot of redbull giving you energy to do your best. Also, don't be afraid to end your show on your terms, when you are done politely thank everyone when you are finished and move on. Finally, most of the time nerves just show up in the beginning of your performance, so just muscle through them and and try to have fun!

Jan 28, 2015
I agree. Have some effects you feel confident doing ready and take your time. It's natural to feel nervous( i still get butterflies before a show) but during the magic it seems to turn into adrenalin and when you finish you will feel awesome! Remember most people in your crowd do not know how it's done so you have the upper hand. Have fun and smile..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results