Get Nervous?

Jan 18, 2009
Everytime I perform I get the jitters and it doesn't seem like I'm nervous but my pits sweat and my knee starts to shake a bit and its very uncomfortable. Maybe from adrenaline or something similar but I was wondering if anybody else has this.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Pretty much everybody gets nervous during or before shows. The best way to deal with it is to just exhale through your nose a few times before you perform and then just take your time performing.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I used too.

I couldn't really perform for people that well, but once I did I loved the feeling of the reactions and them wanting me to perform more tricks.

It's something you have to work on and get the hang of it.

I don't really get nervous anymore, but every once in awhile I try to relax and breath slowly and just forget the feeling.

Hope that helps.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I used too.

I couldn't really perform for people that well, but once I did I loved the feeling of the reactions and them wanting me to perform more tricks.

It's something you have to work on and get the hang of it.

I don't really get nervous anymore.

You still get nervous, just that your nerves don't bother you that much.

Jan 18, 2009
Well, it doesn't really affect my performance but when my knee shakes and my hand starts to quiver it gets annoying and I have to move onto a very simple trick so nothing messes up.

I know exactly what you mean, I don't think it's nerves, but more excitement on a grand scale, because your head knows that one of those reactions is coming.
There's only one way to get around it: perform.
Aaron Fisher talks about it a bit in the beginner video on T11

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Yup. As Rabid also said, just to second this very important point, you should always be nervous, but with time and performance, you will feel it less.

David Stone also said as well.. Your nerves are there to remind you that you are ready or not ready. If you let them get to you, then you're not. But if you push through it and jump in. Then you are.

Dec 9, 2008
iowa
being nervous is natural, when it happens I find it best to relieve the tension by getting my audience to laugh, have a few jokes that you use in your patter get the people laughing, it will help disarm the audience so they get a sense that they are there to have a fun time and not to look like a fool, once they start laughing having a good time so will you and the nerves will go away. hope this helps

Jul 13, 2008
I found that nervousness is caused by being afraid that you'll mess up. So, my solution is to practice until you have it perfectly. I use to shake but I don't anymore.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results