Go to effect?

Dec 6, 2010
So i was just wondering what your go too effect would be like if someone was too ask you "do a trick" what would it be?

Jul 5, 2010
BEHIND YOU
If I have cards on me (like I do most of the time) either The Biddle Trick or ACR. If its completely impromptu, then I'll do some rubber band stuff.

Jul 17, 2010
I have a few "go to effects"

If I know I'll be showing just a couple tricks, I'll tell them that I'm warming up my hands by telling them to peek at a card and hot shot it out.. flashy and quick and it does look like I'm actually warming up..

Then I'll go into one of these effects:

2 card monte - such a classis - my patter will change with every performance from comedy to serious gambling routine to just slight of hand patter
ACR with a card to mouth finish.
David williamsons Memory test effect.
if I have a table I'll do, "box Clever" such a sick effect...

just a few to name off..

but there are so much, depends on the moment you know.. but usually will do the ones named above.

Nov 27, 2009
I'll do an ACR, or one of two or three of my favorites from Royal Road. The Biddle trick is quick and always hits hard so I use that when I need a "hit and run" trick. What I do depends on how I read my audience and what mood I'm in.

If I have stuff on me (deck of cards, sponges, a few gaffs) I would do Pip Streak, my Sponge routine, and card to pocket.

If its just what I have on me every day. I would do Ring Thing, Extreme Burn, and either 4Q or 5-and-1 transpo

Also if I have enough business cards on me I can do EI by Luke Jermay

Oct 1, 2010
my go to effect will be any good colour change trick controling card to the top of the deck then do the clipshift or cardini then i do subway it looks magical then twinsplit remix

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Perversion by Chris Kenner with my own little opening with the Clipshift by Chad Nelson.

Then I give them a "Gift" so they remember me and my magic. The gift is a rubber band after an effect about gift giving that I say I only do for awesome people like them. 'Cause if they ask for magic they are awesome.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I normally do mismade bill which I always carry, Crazy Man's Handcuff and then a Card Effect with the reveal on my business card so that they have it as a souvenir and my contact info for a possible gig later on down the road.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I vary between an ACR, a 4-phase one coin routine, my own version of ACAAN, and a 3-phase rubber band routine. Occasionally I may also do a simple force then mindread with a top-change finish or an inversion routine finishing with triumph. If I am completely stuck for props and there aren't even any coins available (it has happened!), I have a short no-props mentalism routine prepared.

Joe

C

Cardmaster211

I have one go to effect at the moment which is my Any Card at Any Number, which I call ACCOUNT

Jan 19, 2010
California
The trick I find myself doing the most is Palm Reader Plus by John Gustaferro, I do a lot of his stuff because of hoe practical it is.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
My "Go-To" effect is anything impromptu and without cards! I like to use Stairway, Raw Linkage, Exit Strategy, Slow Motion Coins, my two coin routine, and pressure. Thats what I can think of off the top of my head right now?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results