Goodbye Patter

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
hat rd try coin one NOW THATS VISUAL!! and maybe u could try the daniel Gracie projects twisted and the one where cigarette finds there card lol and pressure and symphony are very visual.

Yeah, those are actually some good options, except for the cigarrete trick, because most clubs where I performed didnt allowed smokers inside.

My problem with coins is that most routines are kinda like "catch me if you can!" kinda games.

sanders in extreme burn reccomends using paperclippings or blank peices of paper or other currencies of the same size as your bills to do the change.

I have been reading the reviews and it looks awesome, I still need to see some performance clips to see how good do they look.

BTW, I need tricks that aren't angle sensitive, because yesterday people were all around me and it kinda caused me some problems at some times.

Goku, I hope you were being sarcastic.... don't listen to some of these douchebags. You were just trying to be helpful. I own Gecko and think it's a great gimmick, definitely not a garbage gimmick. You've probably done a lot of research on the gimmick and found that there is a lot of good things to say about the Gecko. These other people don't own it either, they just read from certain people that it wasn't a good gimmick. So how would they know it's garbage? HERESAY. Some people expect their gimmick to do all of the work for them, and if there are ANY drawback, they toss it out the window. Yes, the Gecko makes noise, and yes it does require a reset, but used in the right environment, and in a creative way (other than simply a vanish) it can have a powerful impact on people.

I have no problem with people trying to be helpful but no matter how much research you do on a product you don't know how it feels until you have used it personally. Recommending something you have never used and just from trailers is not something that is beneficial. I actually wrote a review on E awhile ago and I am highly against for several reasons, mainly the trailer which really hides all the angles.

The noise could be hidden by the club noise I agree, however it seems the environment he is in wouldn't allow for something like this. I hate the gecko very much, it is a badly made gimmick for that amount of money. I know of people who have improved on the geckos design and makes literally no noise for about 15 dollars cost.

You assume way to much throughout your entire post so please keep them to yourself. Assumptions is how you are made to look like a fool, I have gimmicks that I use very well and do not expect them to do all the work. Hell I used third degree burn when branded came out and I still prefer TDB. So again, please do not assume such things about people when they are giving their actual opinions about things they own and have used for a good amount of time.

At visualartist- I completely forgot about the paper routine, I only used the money to money when I used the gimmick. Extreme Burn is much better than prophet in several different ways, that makes it look much more direct and visual.

At RDChopper- Symphony is highly angle sensitive if you do not know, the only effects that aren't and would be useful is .44 and Timeline 2.0. Everything else is all about angles so I would pass on it.

May 9, 2008
You assume way to much throughout your entire post so please keep them to yourself. Assumptions is how you are made to look like a fool, I have gimmicks that I use very well and do not expect them to do all the work. Hell I used third degree burn when branded came out and I still prefer TDB. So again, please do not assume such things about people when they are giving their actual opinions about things they own and have used for a good amount of time.

No Sherlock, I will not keep my assumptions to myself. I've listened to literallly dozens of people bash Gecko when they have never even used it because they listen to people like you. I have the device myself and I don't agree with much of what you said about it.

You mean a vanishing device is angle sensitive?? NO WAY! That's to be expected when you're not vanishing something up your sleeve. There are MANY effects that are angle sensitive. You don't throw them out of your arsenal because of that. It's just a matter of working on your presentation.

So what if you're in a club surrounded by people? When aren't you surrounded by people in a club??? You're telling me every effect you do is not angle sensitive?

No Sherlock, I will not keep my assumptions to myself. I've listened to literallly dozens of people bash Gecko when they have never even used it because they listen to people like you. I have the device myself and I don't agree with much of what you said about it.

You mean a vanishing device is angle sensitive?? NO WAY! That's to be expected when you're not vanishing something up your sleeve. There are MANY effects that are angle sensitive. You don't throw them out of your arsenal because of that. It's just a matter of working on your presentation.

So what if you're in a club surrounded by people? When aren't you surrounded by people in a club??? You're telling me every effect you do is not angle sensitive?

Yet you still make more assumptions on things that you have no idea about. That's fine you don't agree, I used it for 8 months working on it and everytime people would comment on noise or some other factor.

It's not about the angles, however they show an over the shoulder angle for vanishing a beer bottle which is highly difficult for even one person audience. Read more carefullly next time so you comment on what you have a problem with. I had many angle sensitive effects that I used, but again that goes back to reading what I wrote.

I do mentalism, so pretty much none of my material is angle sensitive. Again you assumed something that wasn't true which makes you look like a fool yet again. Please, read what I wrote and get your information before you make accusations that have no relation to me.

I don't mind debating, but arguing with me on things you have no idea about is just ignorant.

May 31, 2008
Congratulations!!!

One note about tarantula, I have a friend who bought, and liked it. He said it's very high-maintainence (bad spelling), but worth it. He recently got loops, he said that he wishes he had never bought the tarantula, and wishes he had just bought a bunch of loops.

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Yeah, those are actually some good options, except for the cigarrete trick, because most clubs where I performed didnt allowed smokers inside.

My problem with coins is that most routines are kinda like "catch me if you can!" kinda games.

I have been reading the reviews and it looks awesome, I still need to see some performance clips to see how good do they look.

BTW, I need tricks that aren't angle sensitive, because yesterday people were all around me and it kinda caused me some problems at some times.

extreme burn there are handlings for performing 360 degrees just get it you will not be dissapointed. Also tattoo Jo and tagged by rich ferguson would also work really well.

Sep 1, 2007
Pasadena-->Mexico
mmm maybe Cap in bottle, some lighter tricks, money tricks, card to wallet , visual color changes, ITR, color changing shoelace,tie,shirt,etc..

well just some suggestions , i hope i can see you on Tv

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I will recommend Gypsy thread here on the 1on1. Dan use no patter while performing this and it still hard hitting. The angle are really good even of somebody right behind you they won't noticed anything...... they will probably see something but if it in a nightclud they probably won't

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2009
Okay so visual magic the real kind of visual (does not require spoken word)

Levitations and animations are some of the top things I think of first. I would go with the fearson hook up, Master levitation dvd Steve fearson is the one I am talking about. The reasons I would take this over the tarantula:

• Ease of setup
  • If it breaks you can easily reset it (Under a minute for me)
  • Also comes with an idea using a floating glow stick, raving clubbing scene its a plus.

On the note of glow sticks, possibly do coin work with them. Like a matrix with four glow sticks, a spell bound routine would be cool (color changing glowing objects).

Rd you are already good with them cards, I do not need to tell you flashy is the way to go with cards. :)

More ideas to come soon, but what I would advice against is going out and buying things randomly without figuring out what you want to do first.

congrats on the gig I hope it works out excellently

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results