Holiday Contest

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Do i get points for the decks of Monarchs I bought before the holiday contest was actually released?

As long as you ordered after 11:00am EST today (11/11), you should receive an email with a special link automagically very soon. If you don't receive anything by morning, submit a support ticket and our team will check into this for you.

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
Got an email that said I could click a link and automagically retrieve my points, but after I clicked it, it said my points had been retrieved already...
Curious???

Nevermind everyone...got it all figured out

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
What kind of camera is the one we can win in the contest? You guys don't go into more detail than a "Canon DSLR".

I was wondering this too. And also, since it's supposed to be a 'kit' for making great videos for The Wire etc, it would probably have to be more than just a DSLR Body. At the least it would need a lens as well, and then there's the aspect of audio; the quality of the video will be greatly diminished if the winner had to use the on-board microphone of the camera.

So I guess my question is, what exactly does that prize entail? Is it just a Camera Body? Or is it some sort of production kit?

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Another question, which I probably already know the answer to but I'm still curious. haha
Does The Wire purchases count as an entry into the contest?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I have used both IE, and Mozilla Firefox. When I hit submit, it does light up but it still shows the point being available, hence, the reason for my confusion. Does it record and still show the point as available.

This bug should now be resolved - just a technical glitch. Give it a shot now in Firefox or Chrome and let us know if the problem persists. Sorry about that!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
What kind of camera is the one we can win in the contest? You guys don't go into more detail than a "Canon DSLR".

Good catch - we just added a note onto the contest page that clarifies this. The camera we're giving out is a Canon T2i DSLR (with a lens), which is one of many cameras that the theory11 crew uses to film the videos you see on this site. Specifically, the preview video for HighRise was shot with the same camera. It's a beast - reliable, 1080p quality, and even shoots 60 frames at 720p (for slow motion shots). The winner will get a shiny new one on the house.

Nov 11, 2011
Ottawa Canada
This bug should now be resolved - just a technical glitch. Give it a shot now in Firefox or Chrome and let us know if the problem persists. Sorry about that!

Just tried it again and it worked this time. Thanks for your help.
Plan to do some shopping this week in order to get some more points!

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
The free point is a lovely touch. Though I imagine there will be thousands of orders between now and 31st it's just to know everyone has a chance.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
After clicking submit, will I be able to rearrange my points as I'd like or is it final?

Awesome - sorry for the delay on that. Yes, once you click submit, the points applied are final, so think carefully before you hit the magic button.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results