The Magician Online

The Magician Online is a live, interactive, online experience - in the comfort of your own home. Starring Dan White. As seen by Ashton Kutcher, Ariana Grande, Chris Rock, James Corden, Jessica Alba, and President Clinton.

See details

How do you answer...

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
When someone asks you where you learned how to do "that"(flourishing)
I get that question alot but i never give a straight answer because Im not sure I want to tell them i learn from special DVDs..And since Im also a magician
spectators tie in flourishing with magic so...I dont know.
How do you guys answer that question?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Tell them it's a secret. After all, you are a magician, and magicians have secrets, right?

That, or tell them you learned it from Wikipedia.

That sounds about right.
Not the wikipedia one.lol
Are you also a magician?
I also want to hear what the flourishers say.
I bet they get frustrated when people ask them to do a trick when theyre just cardists.

That sounds about right.
Not the wikipedia one.lol
Are you also a magician?
I also want to hear what the flourishers say.
I bet they get frustrated when people ask them to do a trick when theyre just cardists.

Yeah, I do card magic as well. When I first started I was a pure flourisher, but now I've moved on to the Trilogy, Dangerous, etc....
I know what you mean. That's one of the many reasons I decided to do card magic as well.

Edit: Wikipedia is for nerds. WAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
Not many people associate my flourishing with magic, but more of gambling. When people ask me how i did that flourish, I tend to say "Practice". I really don't understand why they bother asking; if I told them they wouldn't understand it anyway.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
Depending on the person...

If I know that the person genuinely appreciates the flourishes, then I tell them that there are DVDs that teach them...

If I know that the person will make fun of me if I tell them DVDs, I try to make a joke and change the subject or just say

I learned various ways...

because at first I saw the tutorial for Sybil on youtube when I started and before I knew there were DVDs about 'playing with cards' so that's how I started, but saying "Youtube" will never get a good response

J

J:G

i would just say that i got mad skills and move on to another trick

Nov 18, 2008
CA
i would just say that i got mad skills and move on to another trick

haha yeah. at some point they usually just give up on asking because they know you won't tell them....or they just forget completely.lol

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I have the best answer of all time. At least of this thread.

I say:

"How did you do that?"

"Well you know...I get a lot of hand and wrist practice..."
*raise eyebrows twice in rapid succesion*

That gets a laugh.

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results