How to: Build a Billet Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2008
studio city CA
Heya guys, i was wondering, does anyone know how yo machine a billet knife? my friends has one but is refusing to allow me to handle it. now i do several routines wit knives but ive never liked the funky fat rubber handled billet knives that are currently on the market and ive tried the poor boy billet and i found it was too small for my hands. so i was wondering can anyone PM me a picture of a good billet knife or help me find a way to build one into my own pocket knife?

Cheers!

Dss
j-90462

Jun 11, 2008
It's a knife that allows you to sneak a billet into an envelope in the action of opening it.
Idk how they work though, I just know what they accomplish.

Dec 14, 2007
Porper sells a good one.

But consider this - how often in life have you are your friends used a knife to open an envelope?

While letter openers were common 40 years ago, most people do not use them.

The billet knife will draw attention to itself and invite suspicion.

There are better ways to accomplish what a billet knife does.

However, if you want one for your collection, Porper is the way to go.

Brad Henderson

Jul 9, 2008
studio city CA
in several of my routines my pocket knife plays an enormous role, ive built everything from a surelock feature to a corchange scale into it, but i wanted to add a billet loader to it as well

Dec 14, 2007
That's good that it will be an organic prop in your environment. I would have no idea how to tell you to build one. I believe there is a section on them in Corinda and probably in Tarbell as well.

Aug 1, 2018
I want to use one to get a billet in a soccer ball. Does anyone know if the poor boy knife is strong enough to cut a soccer ball?

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I want to use one to get a billet in a soccer ball. Does anyone know if the poor boy knife is strong enough to cut a soccer ball?
Please don't bump threads. This thread has been inactive for 10 years. Feel free to start a new thread if you have any magic or cardistry-related questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results