Improve Your Mind: Forum Contest for the Intellectual Magician

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had posted something earlier today about improving this forum by improving your minds. The result was an outstanding amount of support from many forum leaders, as well as a kick ass prize support offer from Dee Christopher.

Here's the deal folks. I'm going to take sign ups for the contest starting today, and extending through until Midnight Eastern Standard Time Friday October 9th, 2009.

If you want to play, all you need to do is reply to this thread. On Monday October 12th, 2009 I'll post a new thread detailing the specifics of the event. Those participating will have the opportunity to win (by my mark) EVERY SINGLE Dee Christopher Download available for free.

What's my game you ask? Simple. Put your video cameras away. This isn't about showing off your physical moves. It's about showing off your mental ones.

An essay contest about a subject I will announce on Monday. 5 paragraph theme or minimum 700 words. Don't worry, the theme (to be announced) will be about magic or the magic community.

Since you'll be contributing to the forum, You should expect the essay entries should be posted in the same thread as the announced subject, once the event has been completed. This is to avoid any cheating, or borrowing of anyone elses ideas.

Essay Entries should be emailed to me directly, I'll list my email address at the time of the subject announcement.

All participants will have until Friday October 16th by Midnight Eastern Standard time to submit their entry.

If there is any questions then please contact me privately and I'll answer them.

Since I don't want to waste Mr. Christopher’s time for such an amazing offer I will require at the least 8 participants before his prize will be eligible to be won. So spam your friends, tell everyone you know on the forums, and bring as many people to the table as possible!

I consider a participant to be someone who has submitted an essay, not an interest to play.

As a disclaimer the rules of this contest are subject to change with or without notification at the sole discretion of the contest organizer. This contest is not (currently) supported by Theory11, its staff, or its sponsors. No submission reflects the beliefs of Theory11, its staff, or its sponsors in anyway shape or form. Any similarity, is so by coincidence.

Also, since this is my own contest, I will not be participating in this event. I will however be judging. I may also ask the support of T11 staff and moderators to assist in judging so as to have a fair opinion base, should they have the time and desire to assist.

With that being said, Who’s in?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

I won't be participating in this event as I get enough writing in AP Literature. I will be more than happy to help you out with the judging though. Good to see members taking the initiative to move people forward.

-Doug

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I won't be participating in this event as I get enough writing in AP Literature. I will be more than happy to help you out with the judging though. Good to see members taking the initiative to move people forward.

-Doug

Glad I'm not in my old high school. One time I had to write a 3 to 5 page essay and thats only when I was freshmen.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Sounds like a great contest. Being a teacher (10 years) and soon to be administrator, I would love to read some of these. I believe Brad is a teacher as well. You could have a panel of judges to submit these essays to.

One thing to be careful of though are the kids who just Google a topic and then start cutting and pasting paragraphs to make their own paper.

This wouldn't fly in my book.
There would have to be a way to check if plagiarism had occurred.

Other than that I will not be submitting my own essay, but am interested in helping judge or read through the essays submitted.

Let me know and good luck to all who participate.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I might have a go. Depends on whether or not I feel I have something to say on the topic.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results