Inside The Head Of Donny Orbit

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Inside The Head Of Donny Orbit by David Forrest

REVIEW: Donny Orbit, lovingly now known as the spawn of Jay Sankey and Paul Harris, has released a new ebook full of extremely bizarre effects. As bizarre as they are, they are also great effects, and they are totally worth the price of this ebook.

His magic consists of effects with cards, coins, cherries, and even diamonds! The ebook is well written and photographs are supplied with each effect. The ebook is also full colour and looks beautiful! It has a total of 16 pages a 6 wonderful effects. Speaking of the effects, let's take a look at them, shall we?

Superman: A drawing of a lump of coal changes into a drawing of a diamond in the process of squeezing the drawing! At the end, the simple drawing actually becomes a real diamond, leaving the sheet of paper blank and everything examinable! This is a great effect, especially for stand-up and walkaround, and is wonderfully fun to perform and watch. *****

Future Burn: The magician not only predicts which finger will be marked with a blister on a drawing, but the magician also reveals he has an actual blister on that very chosen finger! A great addition to a classic that is also very creepy. ****

Souped Can: Do not be fooled by how bland this effect may sound in print. I use this all the time and it is killer! Two selected cards are found multiple times in very surprising ways! This is very startling to spectators, they love it. Card workers will love this! *****

Just In Case: After two out of three selected cards impossibly jump under the card case one by one, the deck vanishes leaving only selection number three and the rest of the deck is seen to have arrived under the card case! A great routine with a very startling climax. This is heavy in sleight of hand, so definitely recommended for the sleight of hand junkies out there. ****

Foiled: Surely one of the best effects in the ebook! The magician mints a brand new real half dollar after simply molding it in tin foil, and just afterwards instantly and impossibly crushes the half dollar back into a ball of foil! This is a very easy to do effect that looks nothing short of astounding and beautiful. I just wish I had the necessary "stuff" for this! I would buy it for this effect alone! *****

Cherry Thing: The magician plucks the stem off a cherry and places the stem into his mouth. After a while, it is removed to reveal that the magician has tied a knot in the cherry stem with his tongue. After this impressive feat, the knotted stem is then visually restored onto the cherry and given out for examination! This takes the classic feat to a whole new level by adding a surprising magic effect into it. Spectators will never see it coming. Oh yeah, and you never switch the cherry. ****

Overall, I give this ebook an 8/10. Each effect is great, not one a dud, and this is definitely recommended for any close-up magician or restaurant magician. These effects will really make an impression on your spectators.

Michael Kras

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results