Introduce yourself

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hey, everyone I've seen a whole bunch of new people on the forums in the last couple weeks especially first time posters on the Saturday Night contests. I'd like to get to know all of you! I know there's a couple of similar threads like this out there on the forum but it kinda needs to be updated every now and then. Take this opportunity to introduce yourself :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'll start,
My name's Josh. I am currently a student. I create special effects and sets for local theaters on a regular basis and love close up magic. I perform on a somewhat regular basis although magic is not my primary income. I've been involved in magic and the magic community for just over 15 years now.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Hey, everyone I've seen a whole bunch of new people on the forums in the last couple weeks especially first time posters on the Saturday Night contests. I'd like to get to know all of you! I know there's a couple of similar threads like this out there on the forum but it kinda needs to be updated every now and then. Take this opportunity to introduce yourself :)

Oh, I have noticed the first time posters on the SNCs as well, but I believe that it is people trying to con their way into a free deck of cards...

But I guess I should also introduce myself after a bit of hiatus from Theory11.

I am Brandon, I serve the great country of America as a Marine (thus the reason I have been gone so much). I will soon be a student and I hope to go pro for a little extra side cash. I am focusing more on Close-Up work right now, but Card Magic is what I do best. I have about 4 years of devoted experience, but 11 years of playing around with magic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Oh, I have noticed the first time posters on the SNCs as well, but I believe that it is people trying to con their way into a free deck of cards...

Hehe, I'm thinkin' you're probably right :/ Well, just because they came here for the wrong reason we might be able to get them to stay for the the right reason :) Thanks for your post.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
I don't mean people who literally want to try their chances to get a deck of cards, I mean people creating multiple accounts to increase their odds... I wouldn't mind if it were just people floating around, everyone deserves an equal chance.

Hello, My name is Corey, and I am, uhh.... I'm a card addict.

*Phew* Thats a load off my chest ;P

But in all reality, I am currently a Security Guard getting ready to go to college for Network Engineering. I have been messing with playing cards for going on 15 years now, but thats just been minor little tricks, and spending way too much time getting way to good at a standard riffle shuffle. I got serious about collecting and doing tricks in about the last 6 months.

The collection isn't that big just yet, but I got a few nice pieces, including a 1979 U.S. Army Aircraft Recognition deck, still in its wrapper that I am loving.

Beyond cards I love all things tech and also love photography, and hope to eventually start a youtube channel teaching the things I have learned about cards :)

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
There should be a minimum requirement for entering SNC. Something like if they have less than 25 posts and the account was created that month/week their entry shouldn't be valid.

Anyway, I'm form and I've been doing magic for over 10 years. When I was younger a member of the inner magic circle helped me put a stage act together and I was part of a magic television series. I grew up learning magic the old fashioned way, with books and no internet. I've been brainwashed in to "collecting" cards but hey, it's better than doing drugs. I've been around the block and I know what I'm talking about, usually.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Hi, my nickname is Toby, and I have been in magic for not a long time, only 7 years now. I work as a professional restaurant/close-up magician for Carnival Cruise Lines. Magic is pretty much all I do for a living, so I can consider myself lucky. I am doing hypnosis, and have a stage hypnosis show. I am starting to seriously practice and perform mentalism and cold reading.
Apart from magic, I love fitness and working out. I used to be a personal trainer, and fitness is always going to be my no.2 in life, as something I can always fall back onto.

I think the SNC's need to get back to being just that contests not random "guess what card this is, or guess what the final score of a grudge match of horse shoes between X artists." Honestly if we really were psychic we sure as hell wouldn't need nail writers and billet switches. Sorry that's a soap box issue and I'll get off mine now.

I'm Draven. I've been into magic since I can remember. Parents say I started my interests when I was between two and three years old. I've been doing magic professionally (as so much as you can define "professional" as being someone who gets paid to do it) since I was about 15. I've been all over this nation doing my bit. From three national tours to a few short bits on TV, and a lot of street corners and theater houses in between. My current focus is Bizarre and American Sideshow, however I'm a classicly trained close up performer, and I've dabbled in some stage work. I'm one of the older members on the forum here, and I'm not afraid to speak my mind. My honesty has been the source of some conflict since sometimes people don't always want to know what you're really thinking when they ask for your opinion, but lip service isn't something I frequently pay someone unjustly due so I digress.

I'm not the best person to go to about techniques, but when it comes to sales, marketing, and getting your name out there I've been told I'm a fairly good resource to go to.

Don't let the black cloths, the pale make-up, the eye liner, skulls, cross bones, and macabre bit scare you off. I'm a friendly person, and I'm eager to help.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
I think the SNC's need to get back to being just that contests not random "guess what card this is, or guess what the final score of a grudge match of horse shoes between X artists." Honestly if we really were psychic we sure as hell wouldn't need nail writers and billet switches.

I like how it is mixed up, only as long as there is a mix though. Though I can understand where T11 is coming from, it is hard to come up with a fresh new contest every week. They work hard and I am glad that we get to see the benefits.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Also I would like to thank T11 and it's community in helping me grow as a magician and performer. And as far as I can tell, I am one of the rare members who are still here since the day one of T11's existence. And I'm proud to be.

Hello, my name is Steve and I enjoy being periodically tasered by random law enforcement agencies from around NorthAmerica. Next year I am planning a trip to Burundi, presently their police are not equipped with taser guns, however, they tend to make due with a box spring and car battery.

So I am excited about that, naturally.

My father was born in Nicaragua in 1953 and came down with bacterial diarrhea before he was 8 months old. At the age of 4 he was already working as a peanut farmer for 18 Córdoba or (2 cents) every 3 complete monthly orbital motions of the moon.

By the time he was 17 he was able to fill a mason jar to the brim with his savings. It was a proud moment, and when people say I have a strong work ethic, you won't need to ask why.

My mother was raised in Timisoara Romania, while originally born in Winooski Vermont she was kidnapped by a rouge sect of Hungarian Jesusit Priest and indoctrinated into the sex slave business before the age of 32.

And this is how my parents met each other, and here I am...a product of their love, devotion and sacrifice.

I haven't seen either of them since I was 9, I hope they are doing well.

Oh yes, education and employment ... I have received my Masters in Bioengineering, a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Law and currently 1 semester away from attaining my PhD in Political Science and I work at a soft baked Pretzel stand in the mall.
---
I've been involved in magic going over 20 years, I started learning and performing magic around the age of 12 years old and began seriously researching the history of our fine art for the last 5 years or so. I perform regularly in restaurants, bars/nightclubs and anywhere else that will have me in my home state of Louisiana and also were I currently reside, Sweden.

Other interest outside of magic include but not limited to:

Music/Musical instruments: I have been playing drums since the age of 9. Guitar for roughly 5 years. Bass guitar for 3. I would eventually like to take up piano.

I listen to all genres mostly. Currently on my iPod you will find Dimmu Borgir, Mudvayne, Marilyn Manson, Killswitch Engage, Aerosmith, Elton John, Willie Nelson, Korn, AC/DC, Chopin, Lead Belly, Ozzy, Ronnie Milsap, Randy Travis, and dozens of other artist from all styles of music.

Other: I love World War II History. Serial Killers. Psychology. Theology. Occult. Chemistry. Texas Hold'em. And several other subjects...I watch very little television but when I do it's either the news, and when The Walking Dead series is on AMC.

Glad to be here at T11 forums, it's such a great and exciting place where we can learn from one another and take our own magic to the next level.

-Steve

Postscript: Yes, everything above the --- is a total lie. (well, except for my name):p

Aug 17, 2010
I'm Johnny Butterfield, Toronto's favourite busker (according to a poll that I conducted).

I started learning coin magic to help me quit smoking - I needed something to do with my hands, and seeing a copy of Bobo's Modern Coin Magic in a bookstore got me hooked. Also, I was very fortunate to have a great magic store, Browser's Den close by. The two Jeffs working there were invaluable; great advice, great service, always willing to go the extra mile. That I stayed in magic is largely due to a great brick and mortar store.

Have been busking for four years now, and will be retiring soon; went back to school to get my Paralegal license, and am sitting for the exam in August. Will still busk on special occasions, but will be using my powers for good in admin law, small claims court and summary conviction criminal law.

Jul 11, 2012
Wow you guys involve in this art for a REALLY loooong time :)) I'm Jack and i'm a high school student, i just started last year so it's 1 year now, i do both flourishes and magic. I could NOT boastly say a little prodigy at this since i found myself master tricks and flourishes quicker than other people(alot). I just started a new channel, hope you guys could check it out :).
http://www.youtube.com/user/CardArtJ?feature=mhee
I join theory11 'cause i love cards and this is the best place to be.

Welcome aboard CardArtJ! Glad you're joining us here at T11, I checked out your three videos on your Youtube channel and that's some nice handling for sure. While I really enjoyed the flourishes, I'd have to say Time Traveler was my favorite video thus far. I am looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Practice, Perform and Impress.

- Steve

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I too have been around since the first hunt.

I am a part time professional magician, and I work mainly with corporate clientele. I'm just starting doing some weddings and really enjoying them. Before that I did restaurant magic for 3 years in West Edmonton Mall.

I'm married to an incredible woman and have a daughter (3), and we just had a son in October who is a real miracle. He has been in the hospital for 8 months, and we finally got to bring him home. We were told he would not survive and yet he is now home and growing, and full of smiles. My full time job is as a pastor at a Baptist Church. Our church has been incredibly supportive and is rejoicing with us for our son.

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
Hey, my real name is Edzus, but you can call me Jebzy. I am 16 years old boy from Latvia (small country in Europe).

It is not long time since I start learning and doing magic. I start a year ago. And I really love magic, and all the stuff you can do with magic. I have read pair of books (really just two books). I am not american and my English aren't that good, And it is hard to understand many things from book, That's why I prefer videos. I am learning magic every day and now I think I am ready to go to the street and perform magic. Now I am putting an act or something like that together.

Other interest outside of magic are basketball, I play basketball since I was seven years old. And yea I like every sport, in summer I play football and volleyball and in winter I play hockey. I am also big fan of hockey.

This is my first and only magic forum where I've been and I really like here.

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey there. My name is Blake and I am 17 years old. I have been doing magic seriously for about 4 years, but I became interested in the art when I was 10. I mostly do close up magic, but I have done a few stage shows. Cards are my main addiction but I love to experiment with other objects. I'm in the process of putting together a new close up routine. I love the art, and I love showing people magic. I love the reactions I get, I love the feeling I get when I present. I love the Art of Magic.

Jan 22, 2012
Hey guys. My name is Arman and I'm 14 years old. I started magic when I was 11 years old but stopped for awhile when nobody took me seriously when performing. Then when I was 13 I started showing magic at my friends party and I was hooked again with Magic. I mostly do close-up magic but have done a little bit of stage. Aside from magic I'm very into creating films and writing scripts.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I'm Michael! I'm 19 years old and I've been involved in magic for about 11 years... mostly card work but I like to dabble in just about anything. While my passion for magic has never died, I've been focusing most of my energies recently on theatre. I'm an actor, director, and playwright and I'll be attending my first year at Humber School of the Creative and Performing Arts starting in a few weeks to study Theatre Performance. I also love to sing and listen to musical theatre.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results