iPredict+ Tips & Tricks . . .

Jan 22, 2012
Surprisingly, the JOKER is also chosen every day.

I actually can understand why people would choose the joker because most spectators are trying to think of a card that no one would think of and the joker is just that random of a card. But it's also surprising how the ace of diamonds is chosen often because the people I perform to mostly pick that card.

Greg Rostami

Creator, <b><a href="http://www.theory11.com/trick
Jan 20, 2009
iPreidict+ Tip #7:

If you REALLY want to disguise iPredict+, before your performance launch the Contacts app of your iPhone/iPod Touch. Select Christen's contact and then exit the Contacts app and launch iPredict+.

After you do the secret touch to undim your screen, "accidentally" hit the home button of your iPhone as you are handing it to your spectator.

"Please launch the Contacts app."
When they launch the real Contacts app, they will see Christen's real contact.
"Why don't you call/text her."

This is VERY convincing since they are using the REAL Contacts app to make a REAL phone call or TEXT. iPredict+ has already been used to do the dirty work.

magic on,
Greg Rostami

Greg Rostami

Jan 20, 2009
iPredict+ for iOS 6 and iPhone 5 is now available for download.

cheers,
Greg Rostami

GatCat

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2012
Hi Greg,

I purchased the Android version of your app some days ago and I have to say I really like the trick. The input method works perfectly and I have never failed once during my practice sessions. Also, the memorizing required is next to nil, as it is all intuitive. I will soon be trying it out on a group of real people.
However, I do have a small complaint, which is that the app seems to not have been properly programmed for those of us who live in other parts of the world, such as Europe. First, I had to play around with the prefix for a while until I got it right. Then, I realised that on the other end there was a similar prefix problem, but which I have no way of fixing. Namely, I cannot receive any text message replies, and this is almost certainly due to the prefix for international calls being programmed incorrectly. Now, this rather limits my performance, as I can only use the voice recorded messages, and this is not ideal when playing to a non-English audience, as they find it more difficult to understand spoken English - especially if from a hands-free cellphone - than reading a clear text message.
I do hope you can fix this soon. It does not seem like a difficult thing to change, as it requires only getting the international outgoing dialing code right, which should be the same for all countries. Then appending correctly the country code which you will receive anyway from the mobile who makes the call.

Other minor points:
- The My Psychics area only lists Christen. None of the other psychics appear
- My real contacts list does not include Christen or any other psychic

Thanks and keep up the good work
Alex

Greg Rostami

Jan 20, 2009
Hi Alex,

The phone service that I'm using for iPredict+ does not allow you to receive a text reply outside of the US.
Also, the Android version of iPredict+ currently only supports Christen (cards). In the future we may support the other psychics as well.

Your real contacts list will not show Christen. This is due to the way Android devices share contacts in the cloud. We might find a solution for this in the future, but currently Christen will only appear only in the app.

regards,
Greg Rostami

Jul 10, 2013
Greg, you are representing a professional magic company that is (supposedly) anti-magic exposure. Why would you recommend customers to look up magic exposure videos, and even worse, publicly reveal the secret to the 'Si-Stebbins Stack'? If you performed it in your DVD, you should have taught it their -- if you didn't want to, you should have performed a simple f***e.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results