Joel Paschall - Fan Control

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
No, you could use an Overhand Shuffle to get the card where it needs to be. But fans look nicer, IMO. Leave the shuffling up to your spectator; makes them trust you more if they get to put it anywhere in the deck and then shuffle it than putting it in the deck and you shuffling it around.

Feb 2, 2008
That's quite possibly the funniest thing I have heard in a while. It is not a rip-off at all. Not even in the slightest. With a Double Undercut, can the spectator shuffle the cards as much as they desire after the card has been replaced, and you instantly regain control? Didn't think so.
I didn't say it's not a good control. I said it's a rip-off to pay this price for it. You can read how it's done in "Expert Card Technique" which you can get for $6.00 and there are hundreds of sleights and tricks in there as well.

joelpaschall

theory11 artist
May 6, 2008
I didn't say it's not a good control. I said it's a rip-off to pay this price for it. You can read how it's done in "Expert Card Technique" which you can get for $6.00 and there are hundreds of sleights and tricks in there as well.

True! Expert card technique is $6.00, as for the control being taught in that book. Uh... that would be false. Awesome book though.

Oct 30, 2007
Slovenia,Ljubljana
well i have to say....a lot of you guys are wrong about all of this.

why do you think there is a 1on1?
It's there so you can learn a cool sleight/trick/flourish that has never been seen before or never been done in a video format. I don't think 5 dollars less will make you poor, and for that money you will learn an awesome sleight/trick/flourish that you will actually use.

For instance, i bought 4for4 by CK and i use all the time because its super cool, and i also bought Lee Asher's BS Control which i also use quite often. I am thinking now to buy Missing link or 5x speed. The 1on1 i buy won't be forgotten never. i will use it all the time.

So yeah don't judge for what you see. You think it's only a normal control to the top or bottom, but no, it's a cool sleight you can even maybe combine with other things. Judge for what you get!

Aug 31, 2007
The only creative part on this 1-on-1 was the "Fan" part, the "Control" part of it is one of the oldest controls in magic. So the specs shuffling the deck and what not ARE in the RRTCM, Joel.

That being said it is a great control but the originality and price sucked.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe

No, you can't read how it's done in ECT. You can read about the control that the Fan Control is based on, but you will not actually find Joel Paschall's "Fan Control"... very misleading post.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
The only creative part on this 1-on-1 was the "Fan" part, the "Control" part of it is one of the oldest controls in magic. So the specs shuffling the deck and what not ARE in the RRTCM, Joel.

That being said it is a great control but the originality and price sucked.

Please, I have my copy of RRTCM right here... tell me what page it's on, because I'm very interested in what you had to say. I've read through RRTCM many times, and I have written possibly the best review of it in history (not bragging... just a fact), and being this familiar with the book... I can't remember the Fan Control being in there, at all. We'll see, though. Once again: page number, please!

Aug 31, 2007
Please, I have my copy of RRTCM right here... tell me what page it's on, because I'm very interested in what you had to say. I've read through RRTCM many times, and I have written possibly the best review of it in history (not bragging... just a fact), and being this familiar with the book... I can't remember the Fan Control being in there, at all. We'll see, though. Once again: page number, please!

You got me!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Just goes to show a lot of users on here give the illusion of knowing what they're talking about, when they really don't. Double check before you post something like that, please.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results