Lance Burton Copy

Sep 3, 2007
Haha.

At least it's better than the Criss Angel clones. Cuz that guy actually was talented, just completely unoriginal.

Watch it turn out to be Lance Burton when he had a different hairdo.

May 31, 2008
I'm not really much of a Lance Burton fan, but yeah that guy's awful.

Think about this though; if the title of that video was, "Awesome Magician" what would you think about that? Would you post a thread saying, "Check out This Awesome Magician!" or would you have used the same title?

Dave

I know the guy. He is a member of the Latvian Magic Society. Well there are two, and he is in one of them not shure wich one. But the fact is they all copy magic. If you go there do something with an original patter, in 6 monts everyone there is doing that the same way.

It sucks.

Mikk

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I'm not really much of a Lance Burton fan, but yeah that guy's awful.

Think about this though; if the title of that video was, "Awesome Magician" what would you think about that? Would you post a thread saying, "Check out This Awesome Magician!" or would you have used the same title?

Dave

I would have used the same title. He still is a blatant copy of Lance. I think the worst part is that he tries to steal the little things that lance adds to his presentation. It just does not work for this guy. Magic is all about being yourself and finding your own, unique presentation style.

And Burton is a Channing Pollock copy ;)

Its amazing how, after a certain period of time, one style (ala Pollock and Cardini) becomes the "classic" style of guys like Burton even though it is, in reality, a rip off of other magicians before them.

We stand on the shoulders of giants, but too often we forget to get off of their shoulders at some point.

C

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
So you wouldnt call lance burton a copy of channing pollock?
Im not trying to justify what this guy is doing,im completely against it.
But lance's act is heavily influenced by channing.Would you say he's a copy?

(gosh darn you cliff!just a few seconds ahead of me.lol)

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
And Burton is a Channing Pollock copy ;)

Its amazing how, after a certain period of time, one style (ala Pollock and Cardini) becomes the "classic" style of guys like Burton even though it is, in reality, a rip off of other magicians before them.

We stand on the shoulders of giants, but too often we forget to get off of their shoulders at some point.

C

Yes, while Lance definitely got his style from Channing and even says that he is heavily inspired by him, this video is a blatant rip off. Both Lance and Channing use doves and card manipulation in a very similar way, they both add something to it. This man adds nothing.

for those of you who do not know who Channing Pollock is here is a quick video.

Aug 18, 2008
The worst part is that this guy does have skills. If he came up with his own ideas and routines he could have been good. This is just pathetic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results