Magic Book Collector Suggestions ?

Dec 6, 2017
Could anyone suggest some good magic book sellers ?
I know about Andy Greget, John Cannon, Byron Walker, Dan Bradbury, and Mike Henkel.

Are there anymore that anybody would recommend ?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
H&R, Stevens, Denny and Daytona are usually pretty good. The Magic Cafe has a section related to selling books where a lot of the out of print stuff comes up at fair prices (I've gotten Greater Magic, Impossibilia, Ambitious Card Omnibus, Pure Effect and other books) as well as current books at a discount. Oddly enough, I've gotten some good deals on Amazon. There is always Ebay, but the auction format tends to inflate prices.

trapeze

Elite Member
Jul 28, 2016
USA
ebay isn't that bad. Sure, there are most definitely some very overpriced books but if you know what the relative values should be you can really find some great deals. And one of the growing trends on ebay over the last few years is that not everything is an auction. It's like that with decks of cards...most of them are "buy it now." There are some very good buys on ebay for books that are also "buy it now."

If you know exactly what book you want and know about what it should cost you can sometimes find a copy on abebooks.com

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Agreed. You need to know the values of the books before purchasing anywhere. On Amazon there are some absurd prices like $2,000 for books that should be $200.

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
eBay is completely inconsistent (I know that should be pretty obvious, since there is multiple people involved rather than a single company). I've seen some books sell for INSANELY awful prices, however I have an autograph copy of Mark Wilson's Course in magic for $0.99, And an autographed copy of The magic of Micheal Ammar (I brag about that every time I have the chance) for $25. When I did the wand street Journal, I had to sift through A LOT of complete and utter garbage prices, to find a decent one, and I kept the good ones to my self (Sorry about that...). Not going to lie Looking back I bought a copy of Tarbell's course vol 1, for what was honestly a pretty bad price.

To conclude eBay can be a great place, but also possibly the worst so I would suggest it as long as you know the actual retail price.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
eBay is completely inconsistent (I know that should be pretty obvious, since there is multiple people involved rather than a single company). I've seen some books sell for INSANELY awful prices, however I have an autograph copy of Mark Wilson's Course in magic for $0.99, And an autographed copy of The magic of Micheal Ammar (I brag about that every time I have the chance) for $25. When I did the wand street Journal, I had to sift through A LOT of complete and utter garbage prices, to find a decent one, and I kept the good ones to my self (Sorry about that...). Not going to lie Looking back I bought a copy of Tarbell's course vol 1, for what was honestly a pretty bad price.

To conclude eBay can be a great place, but also possibly the worst so I would suggest it as long as you know the actual retail price.
I legitimately just set it to filter "lowest price first" and start scrolling through a few pages. That's how I find the best prices. Again, things are way over inflated, but every now and then you can find a pretty sweet deal.

Also, check Amazon. much more consistent and can often times be cheaper. And @RealityOne recommended lybrary.com to me. Has a ton of great ebooks that are very reasonably priced (for the most part).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results