theory11 — Magic Tricks & the World's Finest Playing Cards
New York, New York
Los Angeles, California
Our team is composed of the best of the best minds in the magic industry - from performers to creators and consultants.
From mind-blowing illusions to the world's finest playing cards, theory11 values quality over quantity.
theory11 artists are the foremost experts in the conjuring arts - from new upcoming talent to magic's greatest historians.
We produce world-class shows and live-events. Learn more about The Magician at The NoMad and what we can do for you!
Our team has consulted on countless projects relating to magic on stage and on screen around the world.
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by Slicke, Jan 6, 2010.
Sadly you are right..
That book has been referenced and praised here more than any other because of the predominate card magicians here. I doubt that about your statement.
It might be just him
Have you even read the book?
Dont see why that matters but yeah.
I have two copies that are years old.
The way I perform, 99% of the routine is patter. The other 1% is the actual effect. If you perform that way, a spectator will recognize 2 identical effects as 2 extremely different miracles.
Or, you can do tricks he will almost definitely not perform, like gaff effects. Or effects involving gaff cards or coins. Or you can be creative and come up with original material that is not on YouTube.
Or, of course, as other forum members have suggested, you can help him learn and grow by helping him build a solid foundation, and then take it from there.
learn some more complex effects and show him ones he will never be able to do (i dont mean dan and dave level ethier) and that might make him want to fix this skills or ask u for help. help him out or atleast tell him to do it right
That's a negative...
Did I say Erdnase?
I really meant He was a nerd in ways
i happen to enjoy the biddle trick myself, its completely impromptu and hard hitting, and if you dont want people to know how its done then dont call it the biddle trick, back before i really got into magic done correctly, when i was getting tricks off youtube, i searched youtube all over for tricks and because i didnt know it was called the biddle trick i never really found it,
i found one guy doing it incorrectly, and i tried it the way he did it on my friend and she caught it right away, i baught a dvd with it on it and learned the right way, and did it on the same person, she freaked out, then i was looking for other presentations on youtube by typing biddle trick and thats when i found it, so my point is, the biddle trick is hard hitting and not too easy to find if you dont call it the biddle trick, so why not use it? works good for me
i used it the other day along with a trick called j wild from a guy named Matthew hampel i got off his card in cake dvd, they freaked out just as much from the biddle trick as j wild, and one guy was insisting that j wild was impossible and had to be real magic lol
have i been in magic for a long time? no. am i the best in the world? not by a long shot. but i do know that when people are freaking out and asking for more, its gotta be a decent effect