Magic Pro tips.

Hey guys. Please take a look at the picture below.

Okay, I am putting together a PDF of pro tips for magicians, and I would value some contributions from you guys.

When I have enough I will put it up as a FREE download on my site, and ask other sites to do the same. If you could give the best advice you have, then it will be full of useful information.

It has to be advice on magic/performance, so people will be able to read it and therefore be more confident going to their gigs, have more desire to try different things out, and therefore make them overall better performers, the one thing T11 said it would do for us all.

Some examples:

36) Pay for your PDF's and and DVD's. Don't torrent! Help your community finacially.

37) Give away the deck you were using to the person who was most intrigued/inquisitive.

38) Practice with a bridge deck sometimes, as that may be the only thing you have to work with one day.

39) Sweaty hands? Go and rinse them under a cold tap and keep your arms at a 90º angle.

operationprotips.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I don't want to sound too negative, but your grammar (or lack thereof) is a significant turn-off for me and, I suspect, other like-minded folk around here. I don't really care about being a grammar Nazi online, but if you're going to put something out, it would probably help. Although, to be honest, I'd rather get info from people I trust, rather than random anonymous online sources...

Jun 10, 2010
Well, Theory 11 has not changed since i was last here, thank you mr 4 thousand post's i will leave.

What he's trying to say is, you can't really advertise a free PDF about "pro tips" and use bad grammar. Tip in life, nobody will take you seriously if you use bad grammar and/or misspelled words. Don't be offended, just polish the grammar up. I like the idea about keeping your arms at a 90 degree angle anyway, and the tip about a bridge deck. I've never really thought about it before..

Nov 8, 2007
I agree with praetoritevong and saborfang17.

You have some good tips in there, but if you want to be taken seriously the grammar has to be fixed. Rather than getting discouraged and running off because of the suggestion posed, why not take it into consideration and keep moving forward with your project and make it the best it can be?

Look, I wasn't going to ask Theory 11 for help, but i thought as I am doing this for everyone this should include as much
advise possible. Grammar was not the issue, you guys just like an argument. if you would like to contribute please do. If not why do you come on here?

Nov 8, 2007
Look, I wasn't going to ask Theory 11 for help, but i thought as I am doing this for everyone this should include as much
advise possible. Grammar was not the issue, you guys just like an argument. if you would like to contribute please do. If not why do you come on here?

We did contribute, you just didn't appreciate it or see the value in the suggestions.

And grammar, apparently, was the issue as the feedback you got on your actual tips was positive and the feedback you got on the issue of the grammar was unanimously accurate and forthright.

Sep 1, 2007
Look, I wasn't going to ask Theory 11 for help, but i thought as I am doing this for everyone this should include as much advise possible.

Two problems with that. First of all, that's basically a Chicken Soup book.

Second, most people here are armchair magicians, amateurs. They're so far from professional you may as well ask the laity.

Quantity is not automatically quality. You can assemble a thousand "pro tips" but how many of them are good? How many of them are coming from pros? Or even experts? How do I know the source is reliable? What logic is used to back up each of these little tidbits? Has it been subjected to the crucible of experience?

Grammar was not the issue, you guys just like an argument.

While I do like to argue, the point is that you cannot call them "pro" tips if you're organizing them in an amateurish and slipshod manner. If I cannot trust you to construct a simple sentence, then I don't believe I can trust you to dispense worthwhile advice because you obviously don't care about fundamentals and details. Bad grammar makes it harder to read, and that tells me you don't actually care about helping me. More likely you just want to make yourself look important.

if you would like to contribute please do. If not why do you come on here?

And this strengthens my point. You don't actually give a **** about helping people. This is all about you. If you really wanted to help, you would listen to what people are telling you so that you can turn out a better product. Sadly this is rather typical of magicians. The only question they feel is worth asking is, "What am I going through right now?"

You want a pro tip kid? This one is just for you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results