Master Your Magic

I just wanted to know what everyone here thought of Mason McClain from master your magic. Am I the only person who thinks the guy is a F***ing tool? (I'm trying to be nice here). I feel he is a no talent hack, and his website is one of those get rich quick scams. He is like the generic brand of Theoy11 and Ellusionst. His performance sucks, his website sucks. Tell me what you think. If you don't know who mason McClain is, and never came across his website, you are a better person because of it. Watching the videos make me cringe. I almost feel bad for the guy...ok I am lying..I don't feel bad for him all.

http://www.masteryourmagic.com

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Seems like a website to hustle people out of money while teaching very generic/simple magic effects. You never know what you're getting into until after you pay some ridiculous fee.

"We have magic for kids. So if you are interested in doing magic for kids or a kid and you wanna learn how to do magic."

I'm sorry but these are two very diffrent categories. Performance for children involves a diffrent approach than if you are a young child who just wants to learn magic. The skill range for example will be diffrent.

The guys video pitch is slow and boring. It is too long to deliver a simple message and lacks the ability to hold my attention for longer than a few seconds.

The demonstration of magic video content looks like a coin into water bottle wich raises two points.

1) I hope that not all of his videos are performed with the same lack luster boring delivery.

and...

2) Granted I know there is a thousand diffrent ways to put a coin into a sealed bottle of water however what I want to know is if this guy is filming himself doing other peoples effects, altering the handeling just a bit and or changing the name and patter. If so this is a major concern for T11 and Ellusionist.

Lastly, the guys website looks too much like those "Get Rich Quick" sales siminars and other related crap that you occassionally see spammed to your mailbox. He has an interesting logo, but he relies way to much on that one logo, as it's all over his site.

I wouldn't join, but then again I'm pretty content with my magic resources at the current moment too.

Oh I have a new level of dislike for this guys website. He's got one of those damn "don't go!" pop up windows that prevent you from easly navigating away from his page. Way to go douche. I can almost guarentee now that I won't come back, and certainly not join your little club. Those damn pop ups are one of my many net pet peeves.

"We have magic for kids. So if you are interested in doing magic for kids or a kid and you wanna learn how to do magic."

I'm sorry but these are two very diffrent categories. Performance for children involves a diffrent approach than if you are a young child who just wants to learn magic. The skill range for example will be diffrent.

The guys video pitch is slow and boring. It is too long to deliver a simple message and lacks the ability to hold my attention for longer than a few seconds.

The demonstration of magic video content looks like a coin into water bottle wich raises two points.

1) I hope that not all of his videos are performed with the same lack luster boring delivery.

and...

2) Granted I know there is a thousand diffrent ways to put a coin into a sealed bottle of water however what I want to know is if this guy is filming himself doing other peoples effects, altering the handeling just a bit and or changing the name and patter. If so this is a major concern for T11 and Ellusionist.

Lastly, the guys website looks too much like those "Get Rich Quick" sales siminars and other related crap that you occassionally see spammed to your mailbox. He has an interesting logo, but he relies way to much on that one logo, as it's all over his site.

I wouldn't join, but then again I'm pretty content with my magic resources at the current moment too.

Oh I have a new level of dislike for this guys website. He's got one of those damn "don't go!" pop up windows that prevent you from easly navigating away from his page. Way to go douche. I can almost guarentee now that I won't come back, and certainly not join your little club. Those damn pop ups are one of my many net pet peeves.
i have went to his site and i saw some of his stuff....he seems like he knows what he's doing....however as far as a get rich quick scheme, yeah......i think he's saivng the best for his premium tricks....i hope so if not...then everything you guys just said...

Jan 10, 2008
This is why i'm glad there are sites like Theory 11, Ellusionist, and VanishingInc. that stress practice and introduce the student to "the good stuff." :D

Sep 21, 2009
I've been a member of his Secret Society thing for a couple months now and I really like it. I think he's a good teacher and mainly because there's not all that "fluff" (for lack of a better word) that you find in a lot of other DVDs or downloadable lessons. It's to the point. Now, granted, I'm new to learning magic so maybe you guys have a lot more experience under your sleeves and I could see why it wouldn't interest you, but for me, it's just want I needed.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I've been a member of his Secret Society thing for a couple months now and I really like it. I think he's a good teacher and mainly because there's not all that "fluff" (for lack of a better word) that you find in a lot of other DVDs or downloadable lessons. It's to the point. Now, granted, I'm new to learning magic so maybe you guys have a lot more experience under your sleeves and I could see why it wouldn't interest you, but for me, it's just want I needed.

...Did you join just to say that? :rolleyes:

May 31, 2008
I'll give him credit for coming up with an idea like this, I'm sure he'll get a good amount of members. I'll also give him credit for the cool logo, but nothing else.

He gets triple-minus credit for the, "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results