Mirror By Matthew Mello

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Hey Guys i got a Pre-Release copy of this today Before i went to school so.
I decided to take it on the road and try it out before i made a review so without further a do here we go.

Price Instant download - $15.00

Where At? http://www.thementalplayground.com/mirror.html

Effect Give your mind reading ability to any spectator. They will read your mind with 100% accuracy, and you can prove it!

Offer to teach your mind reading skills to the spectator, for a price. Ask to borrow a bill, as it will be important later. You tell the spectator you are thinking of a two digit number. The spectator then makes a guess and is correct! To prove it you show the first two numbers of the serial number on the borrowed bill. You say this is how you thought of the number. They match!

* No Stooges
* No Pre-show
* No Electronics
* Nothing is ever written down
* No Force
(And No, you aren't walking around with 99 different bills on you.)

Method There is more than one method but i will go into the main one. The main method uses a small gimmick which i really like and think is a great idea on Matt's behalf this can be done with any currency so don't worry about anything wierd if your from say AUSTRALIA (dun dun daaaah) hehe.
But this works with any bills there might be 1 aspect of this that might be a bit hard with the gimmick with some foriegn bills but it shouldn't be a problem it wasn't for me.

Practicality This effect is practical but i don't think you would do it everyday as Matthew said he used it for a "Deal closer" when he was trying to get gigs. But think they can hand you any 1 dollar bill and yes this can be set-up for other bills.
The "Number Hand Thingy" as some people like to call it is a good idea which can be applied to many other effects you could just make a prediction then they do the hand thing and Ta'da.

Teaching The teachings good it's what Matthew does he is a good teacher he runs through the nuances he thoughts and idea's on the effect and other aspects of the effect that he likes and dislikes.
There were a few pictures which were helpfull along the way .

Final Thoughts I like using this it's deffinately a nice thing to do if you work in say a resturant or walk around doing close-up in general. So there is a gimmicked and a non gimmicked version i like the gimmick version its sitting in-front of me now It's a good idea and if you get it
you won't regret it i think you will enjoy it
so pick it up.

Performance Story
Yay heres the fun part of the review reading my story:D
I performed mirror while in a Canteen line for a girl ( ohh lala )
I asked her to pull out her bill and said it wasnt important right now and she had her friend standing next to her I got her to think of the number and pulled the bill back and said to the girl that gave me the bill " Do you remember the number she said?" She said yes
i told her to look at the first to serial numbers on the bill.
She went silent she put her hand over her mouth and her friend looked at the bill and said "What the F**k" so the girl was quiet while everyone is screaming in line wanting there food and i left the line and walked off Forgeting to order my food but hey it was worth it.

So pick this up

I'm sure you will enjoy it

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Duuuude, this sounds sweet.
Can you use it on anything else, like... a barcode or something?
Or even like writing a number on your hand?

I think the barcode thing would be more of a prediction. But yes it could be done. I had thought about trying something with soda caps. You know how some of the caps have numbers printed on the inside of them?

The effect would be this. You would be drinking from the soda. You offer to teach the spectator how to read minds. You walk them through the process. They guess a number. After a little build up you eventually hand them the bottle. They open it and printed on the inside of the cap is the number they choose.

The ideas you can take this to are really only limited to your imagination. But, if you're still in high school or somewhere were soda bottles are everywhere this can be a killer effect.

If you pm me with some sort of proof of purchase I'll go into a little more detail on how to perform the effect with bottle caps.

For anyone wondering, you can find the effect at thementalplayground.com.

Matt Mello

Aug 31, 2007
The bottle cap idea sounds really cool - I've got an idea of the workings from the bills concept, I'll have to play with it!

D.

Yea, I'm sure you'll come up with something great with it. Send me anything you come up with. You know I enjoy your thinking.

Matt Mello

Sep 25, 2008
Just purchased this Matt.. Read the PDF and i cant wait to fry minds with this.
Very nice indeed. Excellent patter to go along with the trick as well!
Only think i know is that im gona be blowing a lot of minds and bubbles hehe
Could you please PM me the bottle cap method as well

May 31, 2008
this effect sounds brilliant

this effect sounds absolutely brilliant, almost too good to be true. I'm definately going to add it to my future magic purchases list.
If theres anything that sells a review, its a real life performance story involving the following key words: girl, freaking out

Aug 31, 2007
Hey Pokerlife,

I just sent you the PM with the bottle cap idea. Anyone else interested again feel free to send me a PM.

Matt Mello

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results