Morgan Dollars

Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by AverageJoe, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I've always loved the Morgan Dollars and unfortunately I live where there are no coin shops in sight for 100 miles. So I have to do my buying over the internet. So I was wondering were a good and trusted site I can go to to buy some Morgans.

Any suggestions?

-Joey

2. Got mine from ebay. you have to look often. I got like 4 for 70 buck. Trying to get a fifth one but damn they are expensive these day..

3. Check the flea market also if there's one near you. There's usually a few coin dealers that have booths there.

4. goldeneaglecoin.com

5. magicwarehouse.com

they can be trusted, average pricing for morgans, but if your gonna buy them buy them all at once. If you want 5, buy 5 at once, not at different times. That way they match the color and patina for you, otherwise its luck of the draw

6. wait until it is summer (the silver value will be lower by then) then go on e-bay

7. Thanks guys!
    Can always count on you quick repliers for quick and easy questions.

The magic warehouse has a pretty damn expensive set with a shell but I think I'm going with Nune makers coin shop. just found it with $25 a coin which ain't too shabby. So for future reference, Nune makers is pretty sweet :)

Thanks again guys!

8. I was visiting my father in southern IL and while he and my GF were shopping antiques and thrift store I followed them (not by choice) and picked up 25-35 coins from Morgans to Walking Liberty. And these were small towns three of them didn't have stop lights. So you have some local options. One of the Morgans I found was a 1889-S in great condition that one coin paid for my Jamie Schoolcraft SupperFly set.