My Boss Likes DRESSCODE!

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
So, I got DRESSCODE yesterday and set everything up and practiced until I had it down pretty good. I was talking to my friend Trevor about it right around 20 minutes before I had to clock into work. We got this idea! Here is what happened:

I walk up to the clock in machine to clock into work. My boss, Guy, looked at me (mind you I was wearing a shirt with lightning all over it) and he said this to me - "Robby, that doesn't look like an HEB shirt to me...."

I looked down and I said "Crap...umm...I thought I had it...I can't wear this for today?" He replied "No Robby, you need your HEB shirt..." (He said all of this in his sarcastic toned but not really mad at all voice).

I said "This won't work for just today?" "Nope," he said. I turned around, and then turned back around, shaking my shirt which was now my HEB work shirt and said "How about this will this work?"

His face turned red and he got this smirk on his face and said "Robby, I have no clue how the hell you just did that but yes that will work." His jaw was nearly on the floor and he was staring at my shirt.

All evening Guy would just look at me and laugh and say things like "Robby, that is some seriously good magic," or "I still have no clue how you did that but it was amazing," or "When do you plan on starting to do birthday parties?"

I gotta say, that was the best start to a day at work ever!

Hope you enjoyed,
Robby

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
That, in my opinion, is a great use for Dresscode. You won't be able to do it for your boss again, but he'll never forget it.

This isn't a showpiece in and of itself (Calen's dress shirt/tie change comes close...I had some ideas about that) but a great piece of spontaneous magic that catches people off guard. It's not like 'hey look at my shirt...now look at it again!' You set it up well and caught someone off their guard, well done.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Great story and very creative application for Dresscode! Very memorable and relevant adaptation to the situation you were in.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Great job! I love applying magic into daily situations. The other day I was having lunch with my friend and his little brother whispered to me "Can you make my brocolli disappear.PLEASE?" I laughed. but a minute later I realised, I COULD!

I took a piece of brocolli and made it 'disappear' (french drop) and although I ended up eating an extra piece of brocolli, His reaction was totally worth it!

Joshua Jay mentions doing something like the above in his Complete course in Magic book.

- Jenai

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Thanks for the comments guys! It was really fun! I love using magic on the off beat like that!

That broccoli comment he made is funny! lol That is so cool that you were able to figure a way to make it "disappear" for him! :)

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Awesome story man. Sounds like to me you enjoyed the reaction you got. It would be cool to be the fly on the wall in your bosses office when he tells others how you fooled him. Nice job!

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
something in this story inspired me.

i often will just wear a white t-shirt with a hoody.

i'm thinking about dropping a french fry loaded with ketchup on my white shirt at lunch

swapping in a new shirt. now i can either put in a totally different shirt. or i could just put a new white one...

make the shirt change? or the stain disappear? what do you guys think?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results