My New Website

Jul 28, 2009
Hey all,

I recently made a website that showcases some stuff I wanted to put out. A lot is still under construction, but here is it so far. I wanted to make is simple but still stylish. As you can see, there is minimal design and things of the sort. Thanks in advance.

Nick

http://www.thekardist.com/

Jan 13, 2008
So...are you looking for advice on how to improve the site, or are you advertising the site to us? I'm confused, because I saw no request for assistance. :confused:

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Nice site. I like the overall feel of it: complex simplicity. Out of curiosity, what payment type are you using to process the downloads, and what programs are you using to film/edit the downloads? PM if necessary, I'm just wondering.

Ian

Jul 28, 2009
Thanks guys,

@cm763- This was not used as an advertisement, meerly just something to get some feedback.

@wZEnigma- I will use paypal and to edit I will use Final Cut Pro.

Thanks again guys for the feedback.

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
How can you afford Final Cut Pro lol! I was looking to buy it but $999 is too much right now. Or is there some deal if you buy a mac of some type you get it??

Jul 28, 2009
Lulz, Vorezo,

I got it for free cause my mom works there and she got a huge discount cause she works in that department. Srry, but what did you think of the site?

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Sorry to say, but I`m not lovin it. Not sure why, but I think it`s the template thing.
Some thoughts:
-What is the purpose of the site?
-Who is the target?
-I realize for seo, lots of homepage text is good, but for visuals it's bad.

I wouldn't mind a template if it had the same design but a bit more added, still sticking the simplistic feel.

Doesn't look bad to me, but I reallllly dislike the K in cardist, it's like mortal kombat overusing the "k" in every word that begins with the letter "c." I would say change it to the original spelling but perhaps that's just me.

Hey all,

I recently made a website that showcases some stuff I wanted to put out. A lot is still under construction, but here is it so far. I wanted to make is simple but still stylish. As you can see, there is minimal design and things of the sort. Thanks in advance.

Nick

http://www.thekardist.com/
you ask me, i think everyone is being a bit nit picky....i like it man...i like the ghostly white....and stuff...plain is sometimes beter than a lotta stuff....just ask Ellusionist.....too much...just too much.....

keep it simple and keep the magic up....

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Like how you layout everything. I'm condsering to purchase your Thrice, but 1. Are they really original. I mean have you done your research. 2. I don't really feel safe buying for a Teenager.( no disrespect, but the world is pretty bad)

If I affend you in either way I'm sorry

Overall like it a lot.

Aug 31, 2007
How can you afford Final Cut Pro lol! I was looking to buy it but $999 is too much right now. Or is there some deal if you buy a mac of some type you get it??

By selling Bee Watermelon decks at Verzoeffect.com ;)

In all honesty, I feel it is an alright site, but I get the feeling that it hasn't been finished. When I first opened the page, I was waiting for it to load the rest of the graphics, and then realized it was part of the site itself. Now some may find this a good quality, but it didn't quite work for me. The contact page is very confusing, and I feel the site overall just needs a bit more "umph". Just my 2 cents ;)

~Zach

From a design perspective the website is very simple. Simple can be good, and if that was a minimalist site its already go to much stuff on it.

There is no real design, its just a bit of CSS. I mean the logo thing is just plain text.

Go to Store, the design dosent even go to the bottom.

Its a good site, if you just want it to show your stuff, but for anything professional it fails.

J.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Just thought I'd drop in. I am going to tell you right off the bat I HATE cardistry. But when I saw your "Opera" video.... I was shocked, and that is the understatement of the year for me. That was the coolest, awesomest (its so a word) peice of work I have ever seen and I didn't want it to end. Just thought I'd let you know.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results