On Youtube Exposure - From An Ex-Youtube Magician

Jul 19, 2009
hay guys i have been meaning to write this for a long time but now i have found the time. so when i say an ex youtube magician i don't mean someone who goes around look for a trick for free know you have to pay for magic, before this summer i never knew you had to pay for magic lol any way how to cut down on tutorials:

1. the first thing you could do is shut down your youtube account, why may ask will give you an example when i started out i would type in elevator trick reveal i would learn it then on the related videos i it would have another tutorial and so on. on vimeo however there are no related videos meaning a youtube magician would only be able to find so much without knowing the names of trick i hope i make sense.

2. cut down on exposure just type in an effect like the queens and but revealed or tutorial or explanation on the and have the video deleted.

those are two ways of cutting down on exposure that i can think of now i hope i helped and made sense

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Don't take that attitude man, there's like 50 threads posted newly every day, and some just get lost. And try not to bump threads in the future.

As far as YouTube exposure, it should be dealt with, but unless the site itself does something about it, it won't stop anytime soon. Morals are out of style.

Ian

Sep 20, 2008
Another topic on exposure. Great..

Not to rain on your parade- but to snap you back to reality, there's about 20 other threads concerning youtube exposure- lest exposure in general.

On the brighter side of things, which i assume everyone has forgotten- Magic exposure creates awareness. In some instances, it may encourage the person to dwelve deeper into the art.

It did for me.

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
Just a thought of my mind,

Why don't we just collect money and throw it to stupid youtube management and get a GM account so we can feel free to delete those stupid exposure:D

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
I think the vast majority of the time the people that look for exposure videos are just broke magicians who want to learn without paying.

Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with teaching for free. As long as its your own material or at least public domain.

Maybe if places taught more for free it would give people more incentive to buy more tricks later on down the road?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
hay guys i have been meaning to write this for a long time but now i have found the time. so when i say an ex youtube magician i don't mean someone who goes around look for a trick for free know you have to pay for magic, before this summer i never knew you had to pay for magic lol any way how to cut down on tutorials:

1. the first thing you could do is shut down your youtube account, why may ask will give you an example when i started out i would type in elevator trick reveal i would learn it then on the related videos i it would have another tutorial and so on. on vimeo however there are no related videos meaning a youtube magician would only be able to find so much without knowing the names of trick i hope i make sense.

2. cut down on exposure just type in an effect like the queens and but revealed or tutorial or explanation on the and have the video deleted.

those are two ways of cutting down on exposure that i can think of now i hope i helped and made sense

Uhh, well, that was kinda difficult to read.

I don't mean to be a spoil sport but I can't really see that having a significant impact really. Exposure will always be here, unfortunately. Barring a return to the old days where the only way you could learn was from professionals, and no-one published anything just about, it's here to stay.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results