Palming from the middle of the deck

Jul 5, 2012
Montreal
I've seen an old thread discussing sources to learn the side steal. My answer wasn't there so here is a new thread.
My first contact with paling was through Jason England one on one.
Following a few video I read the Royal Road to Card Magic. I then went on with Paul LePaul's book. And my troubles began. I tried to learn the side steal from his book but I kept having troubles: I try watching my hands so they do not move abnormally but I can't seem to exctract the needed card from the middle of the deck the way LePaul is showing it (photos 9 and 10 in his book).
I decided that maybe a video could help me so I tried John Carney one on one on D&D. However, if there was lot of advises on misdirection, it was lacking the technical tips I was looking for (the preview was much better than the content).
I just ordered Expert Card Techniques and it seems that it contains a section dealing with the side steal. However, I am really eager for a good place to look for technical advises and the way to practice the move. I am also wondering which difficulties are part of the normal learning curve and which are just due to bad handling.

I also wonder whether the side steal could be an alternative way to do the trick described by LePaul in his book where the side steal is needed.

Sorry for this long post and much thanks to anyone that will be able to help.

The only source I used for the Side Steal was Expert Card Technique, and I feel it does a great job. Definitely takes good, honest practice to have it slide out without the slightest notion that something is up; but the handling within enabled me to do it well enough off the bat. Wait until you receive it, and it should serve you well.

Jul 5, 2012
Montreal
Just to know before I have it in my hands: is the handling made with the left thumb on the left long side of the deck?
My problem with Le Paul's technique is how to get the right hand away without dragging the upper half of the deck with it since the left thumb is on the side and therefore does not help holding the deck...

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I've seen an old thread discussing sources to learn the side steal. My answer wasn't there so here is a new thread.
My first contact with paling was through Jason England one on one.
Following a few video I read the Royal Road to Card Magic. I then went on with Paul LePaul's book. And my troubles began. I tried to learn the side steal from his book but I kept having troubles: I try watching my hands so they do not move abnormally but I can't seem to exctract the needed card from the middle of the deck the way LePaul is showing it (photos 9 and 10 in his book).
I decided that maybe a video could help me so I tried John Carney one on one on D&D. However, if there was lot of advises on misdirection, it was lacking the technical tips I was looking for (the preview was much better than the content).
I just ordered Expert Card Techniques and it seems that it contains a section dealing with the side steal. However, I am really eager for a good place to look for technical advises and the way to practice the move. I am also wondering which difficulties are part of the normal learning curve and which are just due to bad handling.

I also wonder whether the side steal could be an alternative way to do the trick described by LePaul in his book where the side steal is needed.

Sorry for this long post and much thanks to anyone that will be able to help.

Also try Paul Cummins "Side Steal Declassified".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results