Paper Engine?

Oct 22, 2008
Ok, so I am sort of new to books in magic. Not PDF's but I mean books on paper. I have read royal road to card magic though. I am a intermediate in card magic if not more and I would like to find a new trick or tricks. So I came across today the trailer for Aaron Fisher's Paper Engine Book, and I was wondering what peoples opinions were on the book. What effects are there? Any ones you guys don't like? I know there has been a thread sort of like this before but this is just for my sake or anyone else who wants to know about buying this book. I also was wondering if they had search and destroy in there? Someone told me they did but I don't know if they were right... so replyy.

-Jake

Dec 3, 2008
DO not buy the book, stick to dvds and such and let books be forgotton about. ;)

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. Nobody listen to this guy. Books are the greatest resource for magic, DVDs are good but they have nothing on books. I would suggest that you get some good books and reteach yourself how to read. I suggest The Art of Astonishment, 13 Steps to Mentalism, and The Expert at the Card Table. Please.

-Ben Jackson

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. Nobody listen to this guy. Books are the greatest resource for magic, DVDs are good but they have nothing on books. I would suggest that you get some good books and reteach yourself how to read. I suggest The Art of Astonishment, 13 Steps to Mentalism, and The Expert at the Card Table. Please.

-Ben Jackson

It was a joke. hence the smiley face.
I hope.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
If you want to get the most out of it, you will have to read it multiple times. I've read the Gravity Half Pass description half a dozen times and noticed something different every time. You definitely do need to concentrate and study it. But it's a great book.

-Ben Jackson

Nobody listen to this guy, sighhhhhh

I preach all the time to look in books, I was implying that I like the book and it is a very valuable learning tool. goodness get a sense of humor and we can continue.
for the last 12 years I have been inspired by books about magic I know the value of a book. Don't assume things, besides the obvious books I would hit up your local borders or Barnse and Nobles. Borders is where you can get plenty of dover publication books such as Bobo's coin magic, Royal road to card, Encyclopedia of card tricks, Abbots book of rope magic, expert at the card table, and a bunch of beginner books. But do not brush the beginner books aside browse through them they might have a few jems amongst the tricks.

Ohhh and how could I forget Mark wilson's complete course of magic I bought at borders.

Nobody listen to this guy, sighhhhhh

I preach all the time to look in books, I was implying that I like the book and it is a very valuable learning tool. goodness get a sense of humor and we can continue.
for the last 12 years I have been inspired by books about magic I know the value of a book. Don't assume things, besides the obvious books I would hit up your local borders or Barnse and Nobles. Borders is where you can get plenty of dover publication books such as Bobo's coin magic, Royal road to card, Encyclopedia of card tricks, Abbots book of rope magic, expert at the card table, and a bunch of beginner books. But do not brush the beginner books aside browse through them they might have a few jems amongst the tricks.

Ohhh and how could I forget Mark wilson's complete course of magic I bought at borders.

Nobody listen to this guy:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results