Pick A Card Help

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
basicly he doesnt want to put any effort to find there card, he wants it done for him.

or am i wrong?

if i am, i really dont know what you asking for

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
Sean Fields has something similar in his X-Rated notes. You hold the deck up (it can be shuffled, whatever you want to happen to it), riffle it and tell them to call stop and note the card. Then you can reveal however you want. Devious principle.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Oz Pearlman's Clutch. Powerful stuff. No, it does not meet every little nit-picky qualification you are looking for, but in principal, here is what happens.

They select a card, it is out jogged into the deck and handed to them while the card is still out jogged. They push it in and shuffle to their hearts content. The card IS in the deck. They examine the tuck box, you place the deck in the tuck box and give it to them to examine one last time. They place the deck in their own pocket. You show your hands clean (they really are), reach into their pocket, and produce their card from the closed box. The card was where it was supposed to be the whole time, there is no stealing the card nor palming or anything. The card is in the case in their pocket with the rest of the deck, and you, in less than a second, pull it out, even leaving the box closed.

Highly recommended. I do it all the time and get crazy results.

Sep 2, 2007
whats the point of this? a well performed sidesteal will look EXACTALLY thew same, as if you did nothing. just sidesteal, peek, then have them shuiffle.

Nov 8, 2008
U.S.
Do a sidesteal palm. Or if you want to do some work, look for a juan tamaris control and then use a culling technique.

Nov 30, 2007
I know what you are trying to say but it you get something down good like a palm it will appear as if you really did just lose it. What you are describing sounds honestly like magic and practice makes that magic real.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
1. Forced card
2. Marked deck

If you can't be bothered learning a force to do this simple revelation, I don't think magic will satisfy you or anyone that watches.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I can't believe none of you guys thought about this. I first saw this in Mathew Mellow's Technique dvd - and i've loved it and cared for it ever since.

What is it?

A PEEK.

Genii. It only takes a small peek (available in EATCT, for example) and you'll have a myriad of effects and revelations to work with. For aditional peeks and ideas - check out Benjamin Earl's dvd Past Midnight 2.

Geez guys!

Gustav

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I can't believe none of you guys thought about this. I first saw this in Mathew Mellow's Technique dvd - and i've loved it and cared for it ever since.

What is it?

A PEEK.

Genii. It only takes a small peek (available in EATCT, for example) and you'll have a myriad of effects and revelations to work with. For aditional peeks and ideas - check out Benjamin Earl's dvd Past Midnight 2.

Geez guys!

Gustav
I already mentioned peek, but in a very strange way :)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
You did?

I read through all the posts - must've been well codded!

Either way, a lot of people here have very short mind spans...

Gustav

At the risk of being accused of being a jerk; What you are looking for in the capacity that you have outlined in your initial post is called Real Magic and it does not exist.

I would use a marked deck to get close to what you are after, but I think you would be better pleased with yourself if you invested the time needed to learn the slights and card control that are comonly used to achieve the afromentioned effects.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
You did?

I read through all the posts - must've been well codded!

Either way, a lot of people here have very short mind spans...

Gustav

I tried to suggest peek trough "mirror, window, sunglasses, anything that can give you a reflection of a card..."
I know it's not a regular peek, but it is a peek ;)

Edit: "Either way, a lot of people here have very short mind spans..."
So sadly true... specially the ones who didn't even understood the question ;)

Sep 2, 2007
London
Yes, blatantly a peek/glimpse is the way forward. It allows a genuinely free selection, and the spectator can shuffle as much as they want. I would suggest that Kostya Kimlat's Culligula Triumph would be a good routine for emphasising the fairness of the whole procedure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results