Restaurant Magic Tricks

I need to get a list of tricks to do at a restaurant. i have card tricks. but i want to do something different.
i also do metal bending.
i was thinking maybe some coin tricks. or what about sponge balls?
what kind of tricks should i get for resurant walk around. or even a bar setting?
thanks
chriswiehl

Oct 11, 2007
Definitely do sponge balls because they play great with all ages, do some rope magic too just make sure you have good patter for the effect(s), and my last piece of advice is to only do card tricks for people over the age of 10. Kids below that age just can't latch on to card effects as well as they would for a interactive sponge ball or rope routine. Now rehearse!

-emagician

Jul 8, 2008
Don't worry so much about the tricks. Work on the marketing and presentation and what not. I'm sure you have enough tricks to do. Work on geting those tricks set up in 2 or 3 sets of maybe 3 tricks each and work out how to make them work for the restaurant you want to work in. But to actually answer your question lol, I think coin magic is really cool. You could do a visual coins across that happens at chest or eye level so everybody can see them. Sponge balls are also really cool. You could do the standard balls or earplugs, whatever floats your boat. And make sure the tricks you do are easily reset. If you have to do more than puting them in your pockets or into a case or somerthing, then it is probably too much and you should work out a way to make it easily reset.

I need to get a list of tricks to do at a restaurant. i have card tricks. but i want to do something different.
i also do metal bending.
i was thinking maybe some coin tricks. or what about sponge balls?
what kind of tricks should i get for resurant walk around. or even a bar setting?
thanks
chriswiehl
one DVD....."The Real work and Restarants and Bars" by Jay sankey.....man, sankey breaks down all the moves...plus he tells you how to get more business at restaraunts and bars...all the nuances you want, he has it in that DVD......especailly that one he does with just two beer bottle tops...sweet...check it out...

May 9, 2009
I've never seen the Sankey DVD, but the Real Secrets of Magic never hurts to watch

I second that. The Real Secrets of Magic (David Stone) is an amazing 2 DVD set all about restaurant magic. It incorporates tips, tricks, and hilarious bloopers. I don't perform restaurant magic but my main routines are all from Vol. 1. which has sponges, ropes, cards, coins, and much more.

Jul 8, 2008
The magic menu, real secrets of magic, live at the jailhouse etc. The Sankey DVD wasn't THAT good by means of effects, but he breaks down the business of it all which was pretty good.

Jan 12, 2011
True2coins can you share some of your tricks on coins like, letting the coin walk into your fingers. The only person that we all know who can do that is David Blaine. I really like to learn that trick. Someone told me that the person that can do that is the real servant of Satan is that really true? I keep on practicing some of the card tricks, but I admit it I really like coin tricks more than cards.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
When performing effects at restaurants keep in mind that you may be moving from table to table and might have zero time to reset effects. You want to have two or three sets of 3 or 4 tricks that instantly reset once they are in your pocket. I'm not saying that you cannot perform other tricks but be aware that effects that require a ton of pre set up work may not become user friendly after your first 2/3 hour shift and then you realize that once you get home you are going to have to remake such and such 25 more times for the following evening. Just food for thought.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
When performing effects at restaurants keep in mind that you may be moving from table to table and might have zero time to reset effects. You want to have two or three sets of 3 or 4 tricks that instantly reset once they are in your pocket. I'm not saying that you cannot perform other tricks but be aware that effects that require a ton of pre set up work may not become user friendly after your first 2/3 hour shift and then you realize that once you get home you are going to have to remake such and such 25 more times for the following evening. Just food for thought.

Great advice. Most of my set is impromptu because of my time in the restaurant.

I love Gregory Wilson's On the Spot -great impromptu material -much of it works great in the restaurant. (Spectators love sponge balls)

Jun 10, 2010
Some people may disagree with me, but I can see rubberbands working great in restaurants. Depending on how long you're working, you'll probably need a bunch, but there's a few good DVDs. I'd recommend Band Shark by Dan Harlan and Extreme Rubber Band Magic by Joe Rindfleisch. A good out in case a band breaks is Jumper, also by Joe Rindfleisch. Since there may be some people allergic to latex, get non-latex bands here: http://www.dykemarubberband.com/specialty_rubber_bands.php . Size 19 bands are what most rubberband magic is done with, and it's 1,750 for only 8 bucks - not to mention they're stronger than most latex bands.

H&R magic books is currently having a sale, so you might be able to pick them up on sale (used) here: http://www.magicbookshop.com/

EDIT: Reverhart has a good point on set-ups. There are a few broken and restored band effects that require a set-up on Extreme Rubber Band Magic, but they literally take 5 seconds to set up and you can wear the band around your wrist normally. Setups aren't something you'll need to worry about too much if you plan on doing any of the effects (if, of course, you even like band magic).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results