Saturday Night Contest - Create a Flourish :: Round IV

Jun 10, 2010
alright guys, worked reaaalllly hard on this tonight...ive had the idea in my mind for a while, but never really executed...last minute...please accept...really ive never put this much effort in a vid...inspired by alejandro portela

http://drop.io/osmybei

enjoy

Only video I saw there was a 19 second vid in which you basically did a charlier cut...

Jun 10, 2010
Because he probably has nothing better to do. In my opinion, I think UnknownMagician93 stood out the most and his short routine was well constructed. Definitely could win with that.

I liked UM93's and Bao Hoang's. They had class to them, but I didn't like how fast they were. Obviously if they had more practice it'd look sick faster, but considering the time restraints, theirs kicked ass.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
That was a great run! Thanks to all who participated! This was quite an interesting contest for me for one particular reason. MagicLemonbird (Augustus Chang) submitted an interesting video that had a technique of out jogging two cards - simple, powerful, and versatile. The move had an element of surprise inherently built into it and it made me scratch my head and wonder ..."Why I didn't think of that before?"

After watching his video, I picked up my deck and began to experiment, as a result, I came up with a neat little variation of instantly producing a star display (similar to that of Augustus Chang's). I wanted to contact Augustus to refilm the video and explore the concept further; however, I refrained from doing so as that would be unfair to the rest of the participants. I hope you play with the idea and explore it further, it has a ton of potential!

On the flip side, there were many great submissions with creative moves in them; however, the majority have been done in the past; although I enjoyed watching all of them. With that said - the honorable mentions of tonight are Bao Hoang, Steffen Banta, and Magic Powder.

I wish there was more than one winner that could be picked but if you learned something from forcing your creativity a little further tonight, you're a winner by anyone's measure. With that said, tonight's official winner is Nicobva with his slick card cut that had a unique twisting element to it. Congratulate him on a great submission. Thanks to all!

-Andrei Jikh

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
After seeing a lot of what every one else has done, I don't think I have a chance to win. Lots of cool stuff out there! But I will say...if not for this contest I would have not created my own flourish. So, I am proud of myself for trying instead of doing what I normally do and just watch.

Thanks to all that took time to look at mine!

Nov 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
Oops! Seems like the deadline was 11pm EST eh?

Lol, feel pretty lame about that. However congrats to the winner, real nice move!

Looking forward to the next competition!

May 9, 2008
That was sick man! Mad props.

Great work, keep it up!

Best of luck,

-Sanj

Thanks Sanj! The idea was to come up with something original, creative, and high impact. I've never seen anyone do the move I came up with tonight. Of course we've seen Bullet Shot, and we've seen the spin on the deck, but I've never seen a card shot with the ring finger, being caught on the back of the hand followed up by a bullet shot also caught on the back of the hand, spinning on the other card. I thought it was original and high impact. I've got quite a few other concepts I've not seen before, so hopefully I'll put together a video soon. I wish theory11 would hold more contests like this. It's simple, interesting and anyone can enter.

Congrats to the winner!

Also, MagicLemonBird, that was an awesome display concept. Not quite sure why you didn't win, especially seeing how much Andrei liked it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results