Saturday Night Contest - Roundtable Discussion - Eric Ross

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
Do you prefer creating or performing magic? How do you practise whatever it is you do best?

Is Crush so powerful it can be a closer? Or do you prefer to do other effects after it, or just as a stand alone effect?

Eric

PS: We have the same name.

Nov 13, 2009
Hey Eric,

First I want to say a big thank you for releasing this brilliant effect. Here are my questions.

You are a very talented creator will we be seeing more of your work in the future?

Is CRUSH going to have instant reset meaning you crush one bottle throw it away walk to the next table crush another one and so on?

I got to ask this. Do you ever in a random setting like at a ,gas station or restaurant, just hold an empty bottle wait until you know somone is looking and then perform CRUSH?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. I apprecaite it.

Thank you,

Christian

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
What creative process do you go through when making effects as powerful and as visual as CRUSH?

Is there anything outside magic that inspires you?

What learning process do you go through?

I like these little discussions, thanks t11 and Eric Ross

Apr 17, 2010
Hmmm

Do you ever feel like a lot of tricks out there let you down?
When you create a trick do you prefer impromptu or gimmicked ones?
In general do you feel that impromptu tricks are more fulfilling than set up gimmicked
Tricks or the other way around?
Thanks
Ronin

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
1 - What are your thoughts on creativity? and how do you create your magic?

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Do you have a certain checklist for creating an effect?

Would you rather do magic that has to have a little preparation for a killer effect, or an impromptu effect that has a lesser reaction?

What would you recommend to everyone wanting to create their own effects?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
3 - You're making a name for yourself in the magic community, can we expect any more new releases from you in the near future, whether it be from t11 or any other site?

Oct 17, 2009
1) If you could go back in time with your study of magic and start over, is there one thing that you would change/improve etc... about your development?

2) What is the inspiration behind the title "Crush"? If that's common knowledge, then I'm missing out.

3) Which branch of magic that you have yet to dissect, interests you the most and why?

Jan 13, 2008
1. What are some applications for CRUSH that you would suggest? Is it possible to perform in restaurants (i.e., indoors), or is it just for "street magic" style performances (i.e., outdoors)?

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Crush looks like a somewhat difficult effect to present, not terrible, but are there any presentational tips on the Crush DVD?

If you could change one thing about the magic world and community what would it be? anything to how we treat each other, to a deeper study of history.

what genre of magic did you get you start in?

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
SNC :: Roundtable - Eric Ross

Hey Eric,

1:: Amongst the ever growing popularity of pk like effects, such as Spin, Fallen, Shudder, etc....What does Crush have to offer thats different, not necessarily in method but in terms of how does it compare or stand out amongst its competitors?
2:: Critics have or that I know of, underrated alot of your material whether its true or not about what they say, how do you face those situations in which you spent your blood sweat and tears to make your projects reality only to get ridiculed or beaten down?
3:: Finally, as an up and coming artist that in my eyes has alot of potential for our community, what defines Eric Ross and what he stands for?

:: MW ::

CRUSH is one of the most creative effects I've heard of in my life. Was the creative process for something like this different than you would normally go about making an effect/ is there something about the process to note? And how did it strike you to devise such a method/gimmick to perform it and refine it to the final product?

Thanks much.

Jan 13, 2008
2. In what style (mentalism, street magic, stage magic, etc) do you typically perform CRUSH? What styles would you say it is suitable for? Personally, from the teasers, I wouldn't mind putting a mentalism twist on it and perform it parlour style (assuming it can be done; I'm just basing this off of the teasers).

Jan 13, 2008
3. The most important question you will ever be asked regarding magic: Do you prefer ninjas or pirates? :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results