Saturday Night Contest - theory11 : the movie

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
thts ok i skim them too. And no it doesnt haha not the gender but i thought he might have ment because we are both in high school that we were considered like girls or something

Well, yeah, I'd consider you both 'girls' since I'm probably more than a decade older than you (good lord), but whatever. It's all semantics. Good luck to everyone that entered, regardless of gender or age :)

(though I still want myself to win more than any of you, no offense :D)

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
These entries were amazing! We felt like the judges for the Academy Awards in reviewing these and picking a winner! There were so many submissions tonight - from hilarious comedy ideas to very serious dramas. Before I go any further, will someone PLEASE explain to me how in almost every movie with Wayne Houchin, you guys have him played by Leonardo DiCaprio, but somehow I am to be played by THIS GUY? Seriously?! You guys think that guy looks like me? I'm going to go cry in a dark room now...

I digress. Judging these entries was very difficult! I even called in help from Andrei Jikh, Dan White, and Larry Fong (cinematographer for Lost, 300, and Watchmen) to help evaluate your ideas. Since it was hard to pick, I thought it would only be fair to choose THREE winners tonight, sort of like the Academy Awards - multiple categories. Only one takes home the prize, but the others can proudly proclaim their titles. Without further ado...

BEST DRAMATIC WORK : William Draven! The most detailed entry received tonight, loaded with unique twists that were as creative as they were intricate.

BEST COMEDY : This one, simply put, had us laughing the most. We loved the example images, we loved the story, and we loved the idea. It was funny, well thought out, and strange enough to make it memorable.

BEST ACTION + GRAND PRIZE : ViperMagic! Something about the mix of Christopher Nolan and the thought of a post Apocalyptic world ruled by Canadian zombie's makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Love the story and the vision. It was fun to read and in some sick and twisted way, I could picture it.

This contest was super fun - hope all of you had as much fun creating the stories as we did reading them. Judging was intense and in the end it came down to which we thought had the best vision, and we awarded the prizes according to that standard. Congrats to our winners and to everyone else (and Malibu's Pikachu) for participating. Awesome, epic night!

Yeah that EST is a pain in the deck. I work weekends at my day job, and because of traffic and my usual scheduled off time I very rarely ever make it home with enough time to participate in these contests. Just got to plan ahead.

Congratz to ViperMagic'! Good job man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I go any further, will someone PLEASE explain to me how in almost every movie with Wayne Houchin, you guys have him played by Leonardo DiCaprio, but somehow I am to be played by THIS GUY? Seriously?! You guys think that guy looks like me? I'm going to go cry in a dark room now...

lol that was from mine... if you read it I said that was a young you (at age six) I had Jason Briggs play you now (best one I could find on such short notice) xP

Dec 26, 2009
I feel that Viper only won because he mentioned zombie the post right before mine. Who has 2 thumbs and is a sore loser? this guy.

JK great job viper.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results