Saturday Night Contest - With Our Powers Combined

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Nice job :)

This was an interesting one. There were a few videos that really stood out to me personally. Personally - I thought this one was excellent dejavu05

There were several other videos that really caught my attention as well, but the overall goal was to create a video that might actually convince someone you had real magic powers. Therefore the winner of this weeks SNC is Perceptiv3CardMagic

Perceptiv3CardMagic laid the creepy on thick :) Congratulations, check your PMs in the next 24 hours.

Happy Holidays guys! This is a great time to get out and perform for friends and family. Merry Christmas!

WH

Thanks Wayne!!!! I'm so blessed. Thank you so much! This really made my Christmas! And thank you God for the blessings!

Jul 13, 2009
Congrats Dejavu and Perspectiv, both great videos and I hope everyone can get inspired by this thread to create something truly unbelievable yet believable.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Very cool submissions, congrats to last night's winner. This contest really brings up the whole "mysterious stranger" idea in performance. Do you want to make your audience believe that you truly do have some supernatural power - to make them question reality or the limits thereof - or do you push it all for entertainment in a lighthearted manner? Both sides could be justified, and to each his own character and style.

If you're pushing for the former, however, note that if you were really doing REAL magic - you wouldn't be doing too much with a deck of cards. If you had some real ability, your effects would be simple, direct, immediate. You'd be doing extraordinary things with ordinary things - making objects move, levitate, vanish, change, appear.

One of my favorite effects of all time based on this "mysterious stranger" concept would reference David Blaine's first special. It was an effect I believe by Dave Williamson. Blaine walked up to a homeless man on the street holding a cup of hot coffee, clearly shown to be filled to the top. With a gentle shake, the coffee visually turned into money - coins - lots of coins. He then gave the cup back to the man, and he walked away. If you could really perform TRUE magic - it'd look exactly like that.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
One of my favorite effects of all time based on this "mysterious stranger" concept would reference David Blaine's first special. It was an effect I believe by Dave Williamson. Blaine walked up to a homeless man on the street holding a cup of hot coffee, clearly shown to be filled to the top. With a gentle shake, the coffee visually turned into money - coins - lots of coins. He then gave the cup back to the man, and he walked away. If you could really perform TRUE magic - it'd look exactly like that.

That trick and moment in the mans eyes made me become a performer.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey visualartist, I've never seen a video or performance by you. Is there a place where I can? I know it's out of the ordinary, but I want to see you do a trick. lol. And thanks JB for the compliment.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Hey visualartist, I've never seen a video or performance by you. Is there a place where I can? I know it's out of the ordinary, but I want to see you do a trick. lol. And thanks JB for the compliment.

I have some on my camera but ive been busy as flonk with college to put any of them up.Least of all edit. But hopefully I will in the following weeks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results