So, you are meeting this girl for the first time...

Feb 3, 2010
I highly disagree with anyone who says that magic should not be used as a tool to pick up or attract women.

Of course, this is usually said by guys who cannot attract women in the first place so it's an easy excuse.

But what most people don't realize is that it's not the trick that creates the attraction...it's the after effect....

Magic creates Curiosity (in women and in men) but with women Curiosity is the key component to attraction.

However, if you use magic too early in the interaction, she's going to see you as a magician. You dont' want to set that frame. Magic isn't who you are...it's something cool that you can do.

Want to have even better luck? don't approach with magic. Don't set up the fact that you're going to do an effect.

Just do the effect.

Then play it off. Tell her to show you a talent. It's push pull, give and take.

The tricks...they need to be spontaneous and natural. Don't pull out a deck of cards unless you're at a poker game. Can they work? Sure...but they can work against you if you LOOK LIKE you're trying to use magic to pick up girls.

I filmed a short video and I'll put the link here if anyone is interested in how to use magic to pick up girls.

No tricks...just the theory and philosophy behind it.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I highly disagree with anyone who says that magic should not be used as a tool to pick up or attract women.

Of course, this is usually said by guys who cannot attract women in the first place so it's an easy excuse.

t.

its actually the complete opposite.
Guys who actually do know how to attract girls dont need gimmicks,tricks or lines to get them.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Ummm, this topic has been discussed half to death before. Please use the search function next time.

And do yourself a favor and just get the guts to go up and talk to her like everyone else. Not meant to be offensive, just trying to help you.:D

Ciao

But what most people don't realize is that it's not the trick that creates the attraction...it's the after effect....

Magic creates Curiosity (in women and in men) but with women Curiosity is the key component to attraction.

However, if you use magic too early in the interaction, she's going to see you as a magician. You dont' want to set that frame. Magic isn't who you are...it's something cool that you can do.

Want to have even better luck? don't approach with magic. Don't set up the fact that you're going to do an effect.

Just do the effect.

The tricks...they need to be spontaneous and natural. Don't pull out a deck of cards unless you're at a poker game. Can they work? Sure...but they can work against you if you LOOK LIKE you're trying to use magic to pick up girls.

I filmed a short video and I'll put the link here if anyone is interested in how to use magic to pick up girls.

So you need gimmicks to pick up girls? Wow. That ranks right up there with alcohol and sedatives.

Sep 20, 2009
how can anyone say that doing magic will make you look nerdy.

and who really cares if he wants to preform for someone?

i'll preform for anyone and everyone, it's what i love.. magic is me.. as i am magic. so why wouldn't i want to preform it for everyone? and what is everyones problem with cards? i always have a couple decks on me and some loops and a marker.

and i'm not any kinds of nerdy, i get mysterious, interesting.. intriguing.. but never once have i gotten "nerdy"

i'll never use magic to pick up a girl, i don't need too.. but i have no problems showing a girl some tricks

how can anyone say that doing magic will make you look nerdy.

and who really cares if he wants to preform for someone?

i'll preform for anyone and everyone, it's what i love.. magic is me.. as i am magic. so why wouldn't i want to preform it for everyone?

That's not the problem here. We're discussing using magic as a form of or way to pick up on girls. Which, as many have already stated is kind of lame.

and what is everyones problem with cards? i always have a couple decks on me and some loops and a marker.

I do have pleanty against cards, but this isn't the thread to discuss that in. Back on point; picking up girls using magic.

i'll never use magic to pick up a girl, i don't need too.. but i have no problems showing a girl some tricks

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
So much to read......

Anyway you should perform when your friends ask you. So carry a deck of cards with you.

Heres a little exprience I have when meeting with girls. One time I went to this party and some of my friends were going to so I said to myself "let me bring a deck of cards" so I did. I arrive I introduce myself to everybody and started to talk to my friends and some girls. They got to know me, then my friends said to do a trick. I perform like 3 effects and I'm done. Later I started to talk to this girl that saw me perform and like that I got her number.

Likewise I went to other party and decide not to take a deck of cards. I met this girl we started to talk through the whole night. Then she ask me if I have a phone and I said yes. She told me if she can see it and bang I got it back with her number inside it.

So basically magic can help you or not. If you be yourself well you have nothing to worry about.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
ty and decide not to take a deck of cards. I met this girl we started to talk through the whole night. Then she ask me if I have a phone and I said yes. She told me if she can see it and bang I got it back with her number inside it.

Dude, you are a MAGICIAN, you are not allowed to have a girl in your life, now please before it is too late, burn your cellphone and start watching the trilogy all over again.

What did I told you?
:mad:

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Dude, you are a MAGICIAN, you are not allowed to have a girl in your life, now please before it is too late, burn your cellphone and start watching the trilogy all over again.

What did I told you?
:mad:

Too late this happen months ago RDChopper!

Also I don't have the Trilogy so I read Royal Road to Card Magic or pratice my backpack cut.

Jan 15, 2010
I'm amazed with you guy's replies.

I've said a couple of times already, I never WANTED to use MAGIC TO PICK A GIRL UP. SERIOUSLY. All I wanted is to entertain them! and what is wrong with bringing a deck of cards out every day?

Does it gives you an impression that you are out to use magic to lure a girl? I bet not, unless you yourself ever had this thinking before =)

All i wanted to do is use magic to entertain my friends, and perhaps to use magic to solve the awkward situation between that girl and me? Since both of us are meeting for the first time, and I strongly believe magic can be used to relax the environment then, and make her open up?

And I shall repeat once again, I NEVER WANTED TO USE MAGIC TO PICK HER UP, I JUST WANT TO ENTERTAIN MY FRIENDS and I'm just questioning what magic are SUITABLE to show a girl whom I first met. For my friends I've already planned out my own routine.

Thanks for understanding from my point of view.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
"and lastly cellmate (to get her number )" & "too 'offensive' in pursuing the girl. "

If youre not trying to pick her up, then what are you doing...

Just to clarify: Being the guy who has a deck of cards around you all the time is nice when youre with close friends. Always a form of entertainment and theres always something to do. But to a stranger, who is not used to a guy with a deck of cards. You are "the guy who brings...a deck... of cards everywhere while handling it like it is the last dinosaur egg" It just isn't normal when meeting someone for the first time. What would you do if a person you met for the first time carried a big Graphics Calculator with him where ever he went? You need to work in the fact that you perform magic and once then grasp that, the next time they see you they will find it fine. But if they see the deck before they realize your potential as a magician, then they will just find you weird.

Magic can relax both parties but to a limited degree. The conversation will only revolve around you and your magic if you use cards. What else can you say? "Hey. and theres your card! so... *insert girls name*... Do you like Japanese food?" thats not how that works. Thats why we urge you to stay away from cards. Anything else can lead easily into conversation topics. Elixir of Life > drinks and health and her. BFF > her and her and... her. Self tying shoelace > nothing but it makes you look cooler than just a cardician.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong

Just do the effect.

You could just as easily... not perform magic and go right into the whole... get the girl thing...
Magic may help, but it is unecessary. If done well, it works wonders, but its just... trying to hard. If you have to go as far as to use magic to get girls, then you really need to work on your people skills in real life. If magic is the only way you know how to communicate and strike up conversations, then... my you are bad with people.

You know what... There is one easy way to get the girl you want... roofies...

Jan 15, 2010
"and lastly cellmate (to get her number )" & "too 'offensive' in pursuing the girl. "

If youre not trying to pick her up, then what are you doing...

Just to clarify: Being the guy who has a deck of cards around you all the time is nice when youre with close friends. Always a form of entertainment and theres always something to do. But to a stranger, who is not used to a guy with a deck of cards. You are "the guy who brings...a deck... of cards everywhere while handling it like it is the last dinosaur egg" It just isn't normal when meeting someone for the first time. What would you do if a person you met for the first time carried a big Graphics Calculator with him where ever he went? You need to work in the fact that you perform magic and once then grasp that, the next time they see you they will find it fine. But if they see the deck before they realize your potential as a magician, then they will just find you weird.

Magic can relax both parties but to a limited degree. The conversation will only revolve around you and your magic if you use cards. What else can you say? "Hey. and theres your card! so... *insert girls name*... Do you like Japanese food?" thats not how that works. Thats why we urge you to stay away from cards. Anything else can lead easily into conversation topics. Elixir of Life > drinks and health and her. BFF > her and her and... her. Self tying shoelace > nothing but it makes you look cooler than just a cardician.

alright, thanks for your idea, okay I somehow or rather know what you guys are trying to put across already.

Will totally stay away from cards, probably bands? I'm thinking of Wayne houchin's Ring + thread mystery and Paul harris' Souvenir Linking Rubberband.

Hmmm.

Anyway, I admit I did had the intention of impressing her at first, but after you guy's constructive advices, and I now strongly realise that, entertaining my close friends are the priority now! Really do mean it! :)

Cards, perhaps if i and her do meet up next time or so, then maybe I'll bring cards into play!

hmm, seems like performing with everyday objects is a lot more less 'offensive'

Thanks bud!

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
I think the issue isn't 'guy wants to learn magic to pick up girls' its 'guy already knows magic and wants to know how it pertains to him and girls'.

You do magic, you're a card guy, if you always have cards with you everywhere else you go then bring your cards. Its ALL in the attitude. As long as the tricks go off well it won't matter what you are doing. Be yourself and be confident. If magic is a part of who you are and it comes up in conversation then bust something out.

Everyone is all worried about the person thinking "Weird, why does he just have cards with him?". Well, if you can do something to melt their face off then they'll be like "Oh THATS why he has cards! Yeah, if I could do that I'd probably have cards on me all the time too".

Seriously, you can get away with any kind of magic if you have confidence and a good presentation.

Apr 1, 2009
California
It sounds like a broken record, but impressing a girl with magic is just as corny as with music. I'm a musician... and I knooow girls have a thing for it... but you won't get any further than an initial 10 second impression if you don't have personality to back it up. So what, you do your trick, you've got her hooked... where do you take her from there? Are you going to communicate through your magic? If magic is part of who you are, just like music is for a magician, it will come out, don't feel as though you have to force it on her. I'm lucky enough to have found the perfect girl when it comes to these things... and I've never even done a trick for her. She loves psychology. David Blaine is an inspiration to her. She supports the idea of magic more than it just being about gags and jokes. And this is all without me even saying I practice magic. Just don't stress out about it. Show her you're truly interested in her, rather than trying to make her interested in you. that's a much bigger testament in the end.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Just to add a fun thought to this conversation, a friend of mine asked my advice on how to approach women. I don't know why, I've been in a relationship for two years and haven't been approaching them, but he's my best friend so I indulged him.

After a long talk about what to do in different situations (being of legal age, we thought bars would be different then coffee shops) we came up with one solution. Just go up to her and say 'Hey, my names Rik. I noticed (notice something...if you can't then leave this line out and smile...if you have a creepy smile you probably shouldn't smile here either). '

That's it.

A conclusion we came to and he has decided works in all situations. If something feels awkward, just say it 'man, awkward situations make me kind of hungry' or something.

If you want to impress her with magic then it's best a friend bring it up and coax you into doing it. Just a few thoughts.

To all those who are crying about this carrying card stuff let me tell you that this usually arouses a girl's interest in you. and if you are ashamed to be a magician and carry your stuff, please leave magic.

You are not a common man, stop trying to be common, you are a magician and people expect you to be odd.

Erlos, I asked the same question to Shane Street who gave some tips.

Never abruptly take out your deck (you can take out your deck while searching your pocket etc.)

Gaffed card magic hits them the hardest.

do not say "Hi, this is my magic" this will decrease the worth of your magic. Make them ask for it. Like talk about thier eyes and say that they make you remember you friend whom you showed your magic (they will ask you to show something)

end with a souvenir they can keep. (Gaff effects mostly end like that)

drop it in their hands, slowly move away with out a formal ending.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results