Tally's or Bikes? The Final Showdown...

Tallys or Bikes

• Tally Ho

Votes: 41 60.3%
  • Bikes

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters
Aug 18, 2008
So i recently tried out tally ho's for the first time. I really like them but its hard to compare to bikes, which I have been using for 8 years, so here's a really simple poll.

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
Compared to all other decks, I would say that Tally-Hos and Bicycles are very alike to each other.
Tally-Hos are a little bit harder and the sides are more edgy.

Aug 18, 2008
really doesn't help the art of magic in any way...

I am getting sick of your comments. They are not helping anyone.
Ok maybe this poll isn't deep or meaningful.

But say there are some amateurs out there who know about tally ho's and bikes but don't know which one to choose. They see this poll and say oh well more people like tally ho's, ill buy them. Seriously, stop posting incredibly pointless comments.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Ok maybe this poll isn't deep or meaningful.

But say there are some amateurs out there who know about tally ho's and bikes but don't know which one to choose. They see this poll and say oh well more people like tally ho's, ill buy them. Seriously, stop posting incredibly pointless comments.

Kevin's right.

Besides, with any tiny amount of research, you'd easily find out that Tally-Ho and Bicycle brands' standard playing cards are very much alike; almost strikingly identical. It just comes down to personal preference.

If you live in the UK, go with Tally-Hos, as those are more widely recognized over there.

If you live in the USA, use regular Bicycle cards for all of your performances.

Sep 1, 2007
California
I don't really find Tally's that similair to Bikes. I sort of see your point, but bikes people can get at stores, and if they want to find out which ones are better, they would just buy them. Not go onto a forum and look through polls.

Feb 2, 2008
Bee, world poker tour
best cards you'll ever handle

and people know world poker tour, no suspicion :)

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento

... and a useless comment isn't worse then a useless thread ...

maybe instead of talking about which cards are better you should mosey on over to this thread: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=16942
it's worth something.

Then I respectfully ask them to buy some books on performance and start reading... instead of worrying about which of two almost identical cards are better.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX

maybe instead of talking about which cards are better you should mosey on over to this thread: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=16942
it's worth something.

Then I respectfully ask them to buy some books on performance and start reading... instead of worrying about which of two almost identical cards are better.

Kevin knows whats really important.

Well I agree with Kevin but since there already is a thread I'll have to ask this one question. When you say bikes do you mean all types of bicycle decks? There are cupid, fan backs, elephant etc. If that's the case then those decks are far better than and tally ho deck. But when your in an actual performance it really doesn't matter what cards your using. Usually decks feel different when your in your room practicing, but in actual performance you don't really feel the difference. But if I had to choose between normal bikes or tally ho then I would choose the tally ho deck.:)

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com

it's worth something.

Dude You need to calm down with the Arrogance bud. Relax. It is just something fun to talk about. It doesn't always have to be serious you know... just loosen up man.

- Z-Magic

Dec 25, 2008
I always liked the feel of Tally-Hos, but the design never did it for me. Standard Bicycle rider backs, for me, just look better, and that makes a big difference in performance.

and kevin is quite amusing.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
If anyone here says '"bikes, because theyre more common and less suspicious" I will personally rip off your head and shove it up your beehive.

Gustav

Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
Well

Ok first yes it may not effect the world of magic,but it may effect his. The feel of cards and what he most comfy with will give him more confidence in the handling of his cards(of course along with practice).

Now as suggested use cards people in your area are familiar with. Now other the other hand if we all lived by that rule Non of use would be using tiger decks as even though there a bicycle type,the everyday public never seen them before.

In the end no matter what it your own personal preference of what you like to use.

It like asking whats a better pass to use. It really doesn't matter it's the end result that matters and thats entertaining your audience.

Sep 1, 2007

Hooray, we're telling newbies how to spend their money on a matter of personal taste.

Get used to the fact that not all of us are content to stagnate in mediocrity.

Dude You need to calm down with the Arrogance bud. Relax. It is just something fun to talk about. It doesn't always have to be serious you know... just loosen up man.

Thank you, Tommy Chong.

There's a line between fun and useless insipidity. And apparently some of you are content to prance back and forth over that line while waving neon glow sticks and screaming out Chuck Norris jokes.

Ok first yes it may not effect the world of magic,but it may effect his.

That says a lot of things about his world. None of them good.

The feel of cards and what he most comfy with will give him more confidence in the handling of his cards(of course along with practice).

And the best way to figure this out is with a redundant poll on a message board, apparently.

Mar 18, 2009
Come on guys. No point fighting, it's not like anyone is going to win.

Personally I like bikes better because people know them more than tallys, still both are pretty cool.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results