Tally's or Bikes? The Final Showdown...

Tallys or Bikes

• Tally Ho

Votes: 41 60.3%
  • Bikes

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters
They are just a deck of cards, it is all down to personal preference, if you think they make you more confident, or if you like the design, if you like the handling, how often you use them, how easy to access them, how common they are, the costs, the effect you are performing...

It is all PERSONAL PREFERENCE, it really doesn't matter who prefers what. It is just a poll to see the out come of what is more preferred, it doesn't mean they are better.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Kevin, if you want a thread that will improve art of magic, maybe you should make one of your own, or at least comment on one of those threads, and not on this one... I started couple of threads about presentation and such, and got like 5 responses, maybe you should dig one up and comment...

Anyways, I prefer Bikes because there are tons of gaffs of Bikes, and very little (or non at all) for Tally's.

At the end of the day, you can't perform Twilight Angels with Tally's ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Kevin, if you want a thread that will improve art of magic, maybe you should make one of your own, or at least comment on one of those threads, and not on this one... I started couple of threads about presentation and such, and got like 5 responses, maybe you should dig one up and comment...

Couple of things. First of all, we're not here all the time, and regrettably a few threads manage to slip through the cracks.

Second, asking us to make a good thread for every lame one we see isn't humanly possible. I don't care how fertile anyone's brain is, it's pretty hard to write consistently thought-provoking material every time someone else says something banal. There's no way to keep up.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I skipped pages 2,3, and 4.

I'm pretty sure there were no good arguments against Kevin's post on page 1 so I'll just agree with both what he said and what Steerpike has mentioned above.

If someone is actually convinced to switch cards because of a poll I would like them to PM me. There are things that need to be addressed in such a persons life.

Try both, pick one, don't tell anyone which it is. Neither one is going to make you a better magician. Practice makes you a better magician. Along with proper knowledge of presentation and the psychology behind magic.

Second, asking us to make a good thread for every lame one we see isn't humanly possible. I don't care how fertile anyone's brain is, it's pretty hard to write consistently thought-provoking material every time someone else says something banal. There's no way to keep up.

I think we should make the same five threads over and over until people who need to read them, actually read them.
Instead of labeling them properly though, we should have an essay about something important and title it "These decks are phenomenal" or "Magic Made Easy:The Laziest Way to The Top".

Just a few suggestions.

-Rik

EDIT::after reading through, I have chosen to not delete my post-but apologize to Raiker for posting after he asked everyone not too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 25, 2008
This thread is one of the more popular on this page. Admittedly a lot of it is shallow argument but the topic itself seems to have attracted quite a volume of people. And if these forums are somehow dumbing down (and all forums seem to eventually do) the first thing that usually happens is some people start to complain about the quality. Clearly not the best response.

Keep in mind, a good thread is not determined by the first post. It is determined by the subsequent discussion. Start a simple thread like, "Should magic be a performance of miracles or a showcase of talet?" I'm sure if the right people respond, it can become a wonderful thread.

Mar 29, 2008
First, Sam Hardy, Steerpike - thanks for the nod. I put a lot of time, effort and thought into what I share. I only see guys like Kevin and Steer asking for the same. I think occasionally, the "what deck do you like" or "what is your favourite trick" threads are okay, HOWEVER, this should be the exception...not the rule. Stuff is posted on here daily that is really filler and distracts from important topics. I wish more of you would come out in the group and ask questions, rather than emailing - people learn more in the group - but so many are afraid to look stupid. However, when they see the type of verbal bashing that goes on...why wouldn't they? I digress, I know some guys only have the ability to contribute to topics that are a bit "heady" - so they post dipstick tests - The dip stick test is a measure on how others do it - who else like "fill in blank" - however, HOWEVER, I would prefer more thought put into the topic. I think you can all write something great if you took your time and put effort into it....share your thoughts...you deeper thoughts on magic, if you have any.

I would rather see 9 out of 10 posts be great than 100 average ones. In short, less is more - this could be the place where we create better discussion and improve magic. Imagine if all the magicians in this group decided to use this forum to share and grow.

We could do this, if we were more honest with where we were, where we want to be, and knew who to learn from.

On that note, I really think this forum should adopt a "respect" or points system like Ebay - where we can rank the value of answers given. I think it would clean it up and force us to be a bit more tactful with our approaches. Just a side thought.

Anyhow, my answer is this: Tally Ho's are great in practice - but in Canada are not considered "familiar", so I use Bike's...but really, I love my red bikes - you should to. Real pro's use red bikes.

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento
I can dig that.
And I do plan on giving some good thought into a thread and sharing it. I guess I just let the mediocracy get to me and my head exploded a little

Well, hopefully even though this thread hasn't really been about tallys v bikes, some of you guys got something out of it. I know I did (cliche much?)

kevin

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Couple of things. First of all, we're not here all the time, and regrettably a few threads manage to slip through the cracks.

Haha, yeah, I guess you are right... But we can at least try.
Or we can ignore "pointless" threads, and let those threads go into the realm of Forgotten.
On that note, I really think this forum should adopt a "respect" or points system like Ebay - where we can rank the value of answers given. I think it would clean it up and force us to be a bit more tactful with our approaches. Just a side thought.
You mean like the system in the media section? Yeah, that would be useful...
I know I did (cliche much?)

kevin

There is nothing wrong with that type of cliche's. I know that, because I was born ready :D

bikes are normally used by magicians, like david blaine eg. and they are more fmaous than tally-ho's, but I think tally's are the "secret weapon" because they feel better than bikes ( it's just my opinion)

Bikes wear out after 1 or 2 weeks. Tally's are better, but Aladdins are the best.:D
I have never handled Aladdins but from hearing about them I'm going to get them...

Jan 8, 2009
When you think about it.. "Bikes" is such a vague term..

If you mean Rider Backs.. Then you need to specify it, since there are many awesome bikes out there that would beat tallys any day in my opinion..

EX: Vintage Series bikes, Eco Bikes, Series 1 bikes.....etc

Dec 30, 2008
There's a line between fun and useless insipidity. And apparently some of you are content to prance back and forth over that line while waving neon glow sticks and screaming out Chuck Norris jokes.

Well, whatever makes you happy! :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results