The Main Event: A True "Astonishment"

Jan 13, 2008
Well, in the interest of fairness, wouldn't the logical thing to do be continuing at a random point with no spots reserved, or starting the whole contest over? It's exactly this situation that already caused a bunch of people to miss out, people who were in exactly the situation a bunch of you are in right now. Why start being fair now, just to those who benefited from the random starting of the contest, when the topic creator has the opportunity to be fair to everyone? :)

Nov 18, 2008
CA
This thing with the timing isn't really that fair. Especially since the people who are here have been waiting the entire time.
Hopefully we can get an update soon. We have to remember to not get to pissed about this. He didn't have to give away TA.

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
Change

I am SO sorry guys, I was occupied with a family issue and therefore could not post the next step of the contest on time...

Furthermore, I have been reading all of your posts and have decided to do this contest differently then I originally planned. I will keep the list of the participants I already have (check Page 3 for that list), but I am going to give everybody a chance to take part in this awesome contest. So, I am going to add to that list all of the people who have already posted in this thread, meaning if you have wrote something down in this thread, you will be added to the list. I will also give everybody else until 5:00 PM EST tomorrow to post and be added to the list.

I have also taken into consideration the different time zones and time-consuming activities and jobs everybody has, and have decided the next part of this contest will not require for you to be or read a post at a certain time.

So, in conclusion, everybody who has already posted in this thread has been added to the list and everybody who posts something by 5:00 PM EST tomorrow (July 12th 2009) will be added as well...

The next contest details will be revealed tomorrow too, after I have made the list, but don't worry, you won't have to be there when I post the details.

Thanks guys and I hope I have sorted every issue out...

DoctorMagic

J

Joseph C

So am I on twice now? And will the list be kept in a lock box? If it is kept in a lock box, might I suggest that the lock box look like a leatherbound copy of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas.

Jan 13, 2008
I am SO sorry guys, I was occupied with a family issue and therefore could not post the next step of the contest on time...

Furthermore, I have been reading all of your posts and have decided to do this contest differently then I originally planned. I will keep the list of the participants I already have (check Page 3 for that list), but I am going to give everybody a chance to take part in this awesome contest. So, I am going to add to that list all of the people who have already posted in this thread, meaning if you have wrote something down in this thread, you will be added to the list. I will also give everybody else until 5:00 PM EST tomorrow to post and be added to the list.

I have also taken into consideration the different time zones and time-consuming activities and jobs everybody has, and have decided the next part of this contest will not require for you to be or read a post at a certain time.

So, in conclusion, everybody who has already posted in this thread has been added to the list and everybody who posts something by 5:00 PM EST tomorrow (July 12th 2009) will be added as well...

The next contest details will be revealed tomorrow too, after I have made the list, but don't worry, you won't have to be there when I post the details.

DoctorMagic
Quite honestly, that's very classy. Definitely a fair way to do things. I greatly appreciate how understanding you are...especially with the timezones (even though that doesn't affect me at all, given I'm in the EST, which this contest catered to). :)

Jun 13, 2009
British Colombia

DoctorMagic

Great idea and thanks for the opportunity. I've been saving for this for awhile already and this would be awesome.

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
Sorry guys, but I JUST landed in Flordia and I am going to dinner with my grandparents...

I will reveal the contest details around 8:00 PM EST, but don't worry, you don't have to be here at that time.

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
The moment we've all been waiting for. It is now time to reveal two things: first, the list of participants in this contest and second, the next details to the contest. Being the kind-hearted, generous magician I am... I extended the amount of people that are being allowed in this competition and also let 2 other people (who posted after 5:00 PM EST) join in. Without further ado, here is the list of participants that will be competing for Paul Harris' True Astonishment DVD set:

SamRochon, demon5magic, jrobarts05, V.,gambit13, mayniac, Sinful07, RyanOchs, aJohnson, Faust, tally-ho, CardClip928, RDChopper, SilenceLand, Reactions, REAPER, 4757joshua2, mini magician, MaGician4Life, hikeeba, drkrelemnts, Camel, magicman384, bagged95cavy, Dylan P., DaveyG, lilstunna, MagicSanj, Grand Jackal, copperfield 14, Cliff|Bumgardner, Wcmagician, AsherF, coolerdude0410, cm763, Close-Up Expert, asaincookiejiaaasama, jtmorris, MagicianDM, William Draven, BMC

These 41 magicians are in the running and on their way to hopefully winning a masterpiece DVD set. I will now explain the next part of the competition...

For the first round of eliminations, 11 (what a coincidence) people's dreams will be crushed. :eek: For this round, each participant will -> PRIVATE MESSAGE <- me the best reaction they received from doing a magic trick. All you basically have to do is write it out, it could either be in story form or just explaining to me what happened. To make it even more interesting, IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE TRUE. You can make up a reaction story OR it can be a real reaction story. After I have received every participants story, I will choose 11 of the ones that I thought were mediocre or not good and eliminate those people from the competition. Don't worry I won't be bias or anything of the sort.

Make sure to have those stories -> PRIVATE MESSAGED <- to be by 5:00 PM EST ON TUESDAY JULY 14 2009.

Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

DoctorMagic

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results