The Main Event: A True "Astonishment"

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
It is currently 4:18 PM EST...

I WILL reveal the people who made it through at 5:00 PM EST, and then at 5:30 PM EST, I will reveal the next details of the contest. DON'T WORRY... you don't have to be there at the exact time.

Get ready for the results!

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
Well... after reading everybody's entries I have decided to narrow the playing field to 26 people. So, that means 15 people have been eliminated. The following people have made it through to the next round (this list is in no particular order):

William Draven, demon5magic, RyanOchs, DaveyG, aJohnson, AsherF, mayniac, SilenceLand, CardClip928, V., cm763, MagicianDM, BMC, jtmorris, mini magician, Close-Up Expert, asaincookiejiaaasama, Cliff|Bumgardner, gambit13, Dylan P., RDChopper, REAPER, coolerdude0410, SamRochon, tally-ho and magicman384

The following people are out of the competition:

jrobarts05, Sinful07, Faust, Reactions, 4757joshua2, MaGician4Life, hikeeba,
drkrelemnts, Camel, bagged95cavy, lilstunna, MagicSanj, Grand Jackal, copperfield 14, Wcmagician... Thanks for your participation guys!

Congratulations on the participants that made it through to the next round... for now... sit tight, as the next contest details will be reveal around 5:30 PM EST.

DoctorMagic

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Woot! I made it through...for now.

Can't wait to see what's next.

Good Luck everyone,

V.

Jan 13, 2008
Also excited for what's next! :)

And a big congrats to everyone else who made it through, too. :)

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
For those of you who like to write, the last part of the compeition probably suited you very well. Now, it is time to give some other people a chance (who aren't particularly good at writing) to show what they've got.

The next round of eliminations will be decided through a game that we all love: trivia. This is how it is going to work. At the end of this post are a list of questions, some about magic and others about the most random things you could imagine. I know most of you are probably thinking to yourselfs, "What if we read this post later then everybody else... that wouldn't be fair," well guess what... I'm making it fair!

Make sure to type the answers to the questions in Notepad or whatever word processing program you like to use. You don't have to copy down the question, just write the answers that correspond to the question number... for example, if the question said, "2. What is 2 plus 2?" you would write, "2. Four (4)." Isn't that simple?

This is how the elimination process will work... It doesn't matter who sends the answers in first, you won't be timed, it just matters if all the answers are correct. Once you -> PRIVATE MESSAGE <- me your answers, I will check if every one of them is right. If you have one wrong you are eliminated right then and there. (BIG HINT: TAKE YOUR TIME!!!)

We know have 26 people participating, so I will again elimante 11 people to bring it down to 15. Say 20 out of 26 people get all the answers correct, I will then have to eliminate 9 people (since 20 minus 11 is 9.) I will do this by taking those 20 members names and put them into a hat (or a online generator) and see who is heading home... If less than 15 people get the answers right, I will again put however many people are out and see who rejoins the compeition.

If you aren't quite getting this, feel free to contact me via a private message.

Good luck and make sure to have your answers in by THURSDAY JULY 16 AT 5:00 PM EST.

DoctorMagic

QUESTIONS (SPELLING DOES NOT COUNT):

1. Who is the CEO of Theory11?
2. Fill in the Blank: ( A MAGIC TRICK ) The ______ Twist
3. Fill in the Blank: "An _____ a day, keeps the doctor away."
4. Name two effects or flourishes created by Dave or Dan Buck.
5. TRICK QUESTION (HINT: Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally, * = multiplied or times and ^ = to the power of) What is 2 * 3 ^ 5?
6. Name 3 playing card manufactures (besides Bicycle).
7. Who sings "Back in Black?"
8. Fill in the Blank: "Say Hello to my little _______."
9. Name 4 Theory11 Artists.
10. What is my Theory11 forum name?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Cool cool, sounds good.
But I have a question about this one... either the quote is wrong -or- it's different than what I think it should be, and I don't know the answer.
Which is it?

Yeah, same here.

I thought it was "An _____ a day, keeps the doctor away."

V.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results