The Main Event: A True "Astonishment"

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Doctor Magic I sent you a PM with questions concerning this contest and you have not wrote back.

I am sure his inbox has been flooded with PMs regarding this contest. There is a $300 prize at stake, after all. :rolleyes: I'm sure many people are still begging to get in, even though they clearly missed the deadline... people trying to cheat. Just be patient.

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
Just to update everybody, I have recieved most of your answers (you know who you are.) The second round of eliminations will be annouced around 5:00 PM EST (it is currently 2:19 PM EST.)

I will then reveal the next part of the contest at 5:30 PM EST.

I will also clear up all questions about certain parts of the trivia at 5 PM EST. I let a few answers slide since I wasen't fully clear.

May 31, 2008
Just to update everybody, I have recieved most of your answers (you know who you are.) The second round of eliminations will be annouced around 5:00 PM EST (it is currently 2:19 PM EST.)

I will also clear up all questions about certain parts of the trivia at 5 PM EST. I let a few answers slide since I wasen't fully clear.

Thanks man, we all really appreciate everything you're doing.

Jan 13, 2008

Awesome. I'm excited to see how things turned out, and what's coming up. This is turning out to be a really great contest. It's going at a fast enough pace that I can't forget about it, yet it's slow enough that everyone has ample opportunity to participate. There were a few wrinkles at the start, but you ironed those out nicely, and things seem to be running fairly smoothly now. Good job. :)

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
The clock has struck 4:52 (I'm 8 minutes early) PM EST, and everybody knows what that means... time to reveal the eliminations!

First off... I would like to say that it is my fault that caused some confusion on some certain questions. For example, the card manufacuar question, a lot of people were asking me if I meant brands or actual manufactuars, so I accpeted both as answers. Personally, I though the math question was going to stump most of you, but actually the ASHER TWIST, got most of you. I did, although, let some people slide with some other answers after doing some "magical" research. Also, the answer to the math question was 486, for you first have to do the exponents according to the order of operations (Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.) The answer WAS NOT 7776.

Anyway, let's get to the results...

The group of participants who have made it through to the next round are as follows:

magicman384, BMC, Close-Up Expert, demon5magic, SilenceLand, cm763, DaveyG, asiancookiejiaasama, coolerdude0410, jtmorris, SamRochon, V., MagicianDM, tally-ho, RDChopper, AsherF, mayniac and aJohnson (I added 3 more people than I orginally was going to eliminate.)

Sorry to the following people who either didn't answer the questions correctly or didn't send the answers in at all:

Dylan P., RyanOchs, CardClip928, William Draven, Cliff|Bumgardner, mini magician, REAPER and gambit13

Thanks for playing guys!

Remember, the next contest details will be revealed in 30 minutes... at 5:30 PM EST. Stay tuned!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results