The Main Event: A True "Astonishment"

Apr 1, 2009
California
Is it safe to say I can wait until tomorrow?

I'm just worried the next one will be first come first serve and I'll miss out by sleeping or something fun like that. Although, he's not under any obligation to forewarn I guess....

:p

Jan 13, 2008
Given how fair he's been up until this point, I doubt he'll just go and make it a "be here at the right, random time" type of thing (again). He's been great so far, so I'm guessing he'll keep it up by making it last a little while, so everyone can get in on it. :)

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
Guys, my SINCERE apologies...

I am currently visiting my mom's parents in Florida. I was planning to go see my dad's parents, who live only 15 minutes away, but I received news last night at about 4:30 PM, that he was sent to the hospital. Everything turned out to be okay, but he is spending one more night in the emergency room.

I will reveal the next contest details at around 3:30 PM EST today, Friday July 17th.

Again, I am sorry and I promise I will be on time later today.

Thanks for understanding.

DoctorMagic

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
I decided to post the next contest details a little early...

Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience I caused for some people yesterday. Although I promised to post the next contest details at 5 PM EST, my grandfather was sent to the hospital. I had to go check if he was going okay and as of now, he is doing better. For the final time, I am sorry for those who waited.

Now... let's get to the real reason why we are here, the next contest details! As we all figured out, the trivia idea wasn’t one of the brightest things I thought of. So, after much pondering and surveying I have decided to go back writing. For those of you who aren't the most creative, thoughtful people, don't worry, it doesn't have to be 3 pages of writing.

This rounds topic or question will be, "Who is your favorite magician and why?" Now, I'm not trying to sound like we're back in school here, but I don't want a message saying, "Daniel Garcia because he is awesome," or, "Chris Kenner because he has 2 puppies," I want a paragraph or two, explaining reasons. Some suggestions are to possibly name and describe some of your favorite effects by that magician that you perform or what makes this magician different from all the others. Make sure to -> PRIVATE MESSAGE <- me your responses by SUNDAY JULY 19TH at 5:00 PM EST.

magicman384, BMC, Close-Up Expert, demon5magic, SilenceLand, cm763, DaveyG, asiancookiejiaasama, coolerdude0410, jtmorris, SamRochon, V., MagicianDM, tally-ho, RDChopper, AsherF, mayniac and aJohnson made it through to this round, so these are the participants who will be sending in their responses to the question. Since we have 18 people, I will narrow down the playing field to 10, meaning 8 people will be eliminated.

Remember the deadline to send in those submissions is JULY 19TH AT 5:00 PM EST, if you do not send in a response or send in a response after the deadline, you will be eliminated.

Good luck everybody and look forward to reading all of your responses.

DoctorMagic

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Yey! sadly this is my last submission, Im going away on a trip and I will not be able to go online, so, if I make it into the nex round I would like to give my place to somebody else....:(

BMC

Oct 25, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Indeed, if there's something wrong with someone in your family you can forget about us and focus on helping them. I can see that you are not that kind of guy who leaves things in the air.

EDIT: Oh, I posted a little later.

Apr 1, 2009
California
Sounds very good. I have an idea of what I'll be submitting, who and why. I'll probably have to submit today if I want to get it in though because I probably won't be around tomorrow or sunday.

Any idea how many more rounds we'll be having? for those that make it anyway.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results