The Pass

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Aaron Fisher has a great bit about this in one the podcasts on his site. He talks about how people will ask to see his pass, then get frustrated when he does it when they're not looking and then refuses to repeat it. But that's how he was taught.

I'm looking now and I can't find it, so I'll give a quick transcript from memory:

major paraphrasing said:
"Hey, you! Fisher! I asked you to show me the pass, and then you waited until I was looking at my mom and then you did it. And you refused to repeat it."

Which of course is how I was taught. I'd go to my teachers and ask to see their pass. Finally they'd give in. A card would be returned, then they'd talk to me, then ask, "Well, did you like it?"

Fisher: "Argh! ...... do it again!"

Teacher: "Not this week."

Fisher: "ARGH!!!"

Get it?

Erdnase says in EATCT that there isn't a pass out there that can really be burned. Akira Fuji's is pretty amazing, but you can still tell that 'something' is happening, because it's not 100% natural. You cannot execute the pass without moving your hands. So the key is to do it at a time when people are not looking at your hands.

Which means that you should really just find a deceptive way to do it that you're comfortable with, and then do it on an off-beat when no one is really looking. Ta da, perfect pass.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results