The Virts and Anaconda...

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Eye Cut was awesome guys. Gotta work on Talon now. Talon > D.C. In my opinion. Impeccable teaching. The delay was no problem. Can't wait to see the rest!

-Alex

May 3, 2008
Im seriously depressed now. I click on my link and wait an hour for it to download and it says that the file could not be saved because the source couldn't be read. I'm attempting to re-download it again and it's going to take 4 and a half hours.

:(

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
It amazes me what people think they are entitled to. Patience is a virtue. Law of attraction says if you think of bad thoughts, then you will get bad thoughts and will look for bad thoughts. We're magicians, why not see where they're coming from instead of passing judgment? This is their FIRST major launch. They're probably just frustrated as those who are waiting in anticipation.

I for one am waiting excitedly for this, and grateful for all their other contributions to the community (Ninja Spring Grab and Flicker to name few). I am willing to stick around and see these guys grow as artists and as a company.

I'm not entitled to anything, as I didn't order it, but anyone who had to pull a tooth to get an honest answer are entitled. It's their customer services fault , not the poor chaps who ordered Dvd!

Anyone who ordered it deserves a full refund or at least partial for their hassle much the way a good restaurant will comp a meal if their is a good problem problem.

D

Deleted member 2755

It amazes me what people think they are entitled to. Patience is a virtue. Law of attraction says if you think of bad thoughts, then you will get bad thoughts and will look for bad thoughts. We're magicians, why not see where they're coming from instead of passing judgement? This is their FIRST major launch. They're probably just frustrated as those who are waiting in anticipation.

I for one am waiting excitedly for this, and grateful for all their other contributions to the community (Ninja Spring Grab and Flicker to name few). I am willing to stick around and see these guys grow as artists and as a company.

While people sometimes do over-demand when something goes wrong, what the Virts were doing was very unprofessional. Obvious bs statistic, Misinforming customers, then charging them more after the price, then making them give them their info again, not refunding money, and sending out their products late. If any company did that to me.... I'd be furious.

-Doug

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
Im seriously depressed now. I click on my link and wait an hour for it to download and it says that the file could not be saved because the source couldn't be read. I'm attempting to re-download it again and it's going to take 4 and a half hours.

:(

Yeah, mine wasn't able to open the archive, but I think that was something to do with my computer/ internet, seeing as other people were able to open it. I'm re-dling now.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
There were no BS statistics. No misinformation. Get your facts straight before you make accusations. The price it cost was terribly reasonable. They offered to refund money multiple times to those who asked it seems.

The extra download bit was only that you asked to be notified when purchase of the soundtrack and DVD download were available.

Dude aren't you a mod or something? Shouldn't you be calming the storm?

-Alex

We don't know where they got the numbers of 78,000 magicians/flourishers attending the event.

They never mentioned until the day of release that you would wait until Sept 1st for the downloads.

I've heard nothing about money being refunded to anyone. Huron failed to even reply to most of my emails.

There was an issue with Credit Cards and requesting our personal information a second time, I feel this should have been told to use ahead of time.

We were told the Eye cut email would be sent to us in a few hours, several times. 12+ hours later is what a few hours ended up being.

Sure, I think the price was reasonable. I think it's good material but I feel they dropped the ball and I feel this being their First release isn't an excuse, not in the business world. Some things may have been out of their control but may things could have been done better/ahead of time.

However; the event is pretty much over now. Time to just sit back and wait for the dvd in the mail. Better luck next time.

Sep 20, 2008
Sin why do you even bother? Someone's bound to ass kiss regardless if the truth slapped them round the head themselves.

At 14 pages of angry customers furiously typing at their keyboards about bad customer service and other aspects- its pretty safe to say that they messed up.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
We don't know where they got the numbers of 78,000 magicians/flourishers attending the event.

They never mentioned until the day of release that you would wait until Sept 1st for the downloads.

I've heard nothing about money being refunded to anyone. Huron failed to even reply to most of my emails.

There was an issue with Credit Cards and requesting our personal information a second time, I feel this should have been told to use ahead of time.

We were told the Eye cut email would be sent to us in a few hours, several times. 12+ hours later is what a few hours ended up being.

Sure, I think the price was reasonable. I think it's good material but I feel they dropped the ball and I feel this being their First release isn't an excuse, not in the business world. Some things may have been out of their control but may things could have been done better/ahead of time.

However; the event is pretty much over now. Time to just sit back and wait for the dvd in the mail. Better luck next time.

The numbers were not BS, they had over that in the event. You waited a week for the eye cut. You couldn't wait another day?

You bought it, you want your money back, I am sure they'll let you return the DVD. But they can't refund the eye cut obviously.

There were no credit card issues, you just had to pay for the 2nd half if you wanted it as well.

Stop complaining and learn the Eye Cut.

-Alex

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
The numbers were not BS, they had over that in the event. You waited a week for the eye cut. You couldn't wait another day?

You bought it, you want your money back, I am sure they'll let you return the DVD. But they can't refund the eye cut obviously.

There were no credit card issues, you just had to pay for the 2nd half if you wanted it as well.

Stop complaining and learn the Eye Cut.

-Alex

Lord.

- It was a made up statistic, show me proof otherwise.

- It wasn't about waiting an extra day, it was about how it was handled.

- There was clearly a issue with the credit cards and processing them, why else would I receive an email stating such a thing?

D

Deleted member 2755

I can only see this thread accelerating towards a violent bash fest. Now that all has been resolved, I think it's ok to lock this thread. I do think the Virts handled this poorly, but others can think otherwise. It's up to whoever made the purchases to decide. Bone Ho is the man and I'm sure everyone will be happy with their Eye Cut download and Anaconda DVD. Both flourishes are amazing. I hope to have an opportunity to pick them both up someday. Enjoy your flourishing. :)

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

Just deleted several of the recent posts - including my own. This thread is now re-opened. We decided that it wasn't fair to have to block out people's opinions. The recent posts which were sparking arguments have been deleted and this thread is re-opened for discussion. We just ask that all posts remain constructive rather than making this thread a bashfest. If your opinion is negative, that is fine. Let's just keep things constructive as opposed to a bashfest which leads to a lock. Thanks guys. :)

-Doug

Sep 20, 2008
Your job is to moderate. And i expressed my opinion- which got deleted.

Seriously?

Dissapointment Sin. No one was advocating for a close- least, we were all civilized and expressing our opinions regarding the matter. all you did was put cellotape over everything sharp in case we hurt ourselves.

Dont even know why i even come back to this place.

D

Deleted member 2755

Your job is to moderate. And i expressed my opinion- which got deleted.

Seriously?

Dissapointment Sin. No one was advocating for a close- least, we were all civilized and expressing our opinions regarding the matter. all you did was put cellotape over everything sharp in case we hurt ourselves.

Dont even know why i even come back to this place.

There were some posts I was looking at which I regret deleting. I'm putting them back up in a moment.

-Doug

Sep 20, 2008
You do realise that deleting things creates a facade.

You might as well just lock the thread.

D

Deleted member 2755

You do realise that deleting things creates a facade.

You might as well just lock the thread.

Only deleted the offensive stuff and the people replying to the offensive stuff. If people reworded their posts a bit to state their opinion in a non-bashing manner, then they would be welcome to post it. I moderate... I don't let that stuff go on here.

Anyway, I gotta get back to my school work. Later.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results