What are the top ten Close Up Illusions?

• Total voters
May 3, 2016
LOL agreed. This is also why it is important to balance your card effects and make them as simple to perform as well. The more difficult it looks, the less "magical" it looks.

The most difficult thing I do I suppose are card flourishes just impress the croud, especially if there are some ladies around. I finish the flourish and just say "Yes... I'm good with my fingers..." I also do the classic pass but the audience doesn't what is happening.

I love self working Card effects. If its a larger crowd, after doing a few effects I usually do "out of this world" that just blows their minds...!!!! (I stack the deck right in front of their eyes and they Don't know what I'm doing. I follow it up with a few false shuffles and cuts to further convince them that the deck is in NO particular order.

The invisible palm is another one of my all time favorite effects. I'm especially proud of it because i figured out how to do it all by my self. Check out an amuture performance of "Invisible Palm"

https://www.facebook.com/kusalbanda...3115233464046/833269846781918/?type=3&theater

My presentation isn't the greatest in this video. I did this in a bit of a hurry. I usually do this much much slower, and really let each element sink into the audience. Let me know what you think. Would love hear your thoughts.

Jun 13, 2013
Guess I am a little late for the original conversation but I will give my top ten here. Currently I'm on a kick with classic if magic from great magicians.

1- socked coins by tommy wonder
2- coins across by tommy wonder
3- odd man out by me (my ACR)
4- Fiber Optics by Richard Sanders
5- Abitious travelers by me (it's an ACR were multiple selected cards are found in pockets and then back in the deck)
6- Bubble zombie by losander (not exactly "close up" but I have done this in front of kids so many times it plays so well close up
7- Spongeballs (I'd agree they are great. I bring them up in front of adults and then do some magic with them and their faces is always priceless)
8-One coin routine by David stone
9- card mentalism effect by me
10- the biddle trick

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
The most difficult thing I do I suppose are card flourishes just impress the croud, especially if there are some ladies around. I finish the flourish and just say "Yes... I'm good with my fingers..." I also do the classic pass but the audience doesn't what is happening.

I love self working Card effects. If its a larger crowd, after doing a few effects I usually do "out of this world" that just blows their minds...!!!! (I stack the deck right in front of their eyes and they Don't know what I'm doing. I follow it up with a few false shuffles and cuts to further convince them that the deck is in NO particular order.

The invisible palm is another one of my all time favorite effects. I'm especially proud of it because i figured out how to do it all by my self. Check out an amuture performance of "Invisible Palm"

https://www.facebook.com/kusalbanda...3115233464046/833269846781918/?type=3&theater

My presentation isn't the greatest in this video. I did this in a bit of a hurry. I usually do this much much slower, and really let each element sink into the audience. Let me know what you think. Would love hear your thoughts.

Looks great! Hard to see some of it because the camera was looking away sometimes but from what I could see it looks great!

I agree that flourishes and cardistry are great "eye candy" so to speak. However, my advice is to try to keep the two as separated as possible when performing "real magic." For example. In my ambitious card routine, "Ambitious Ink," I perform a folourish before the first reveal. Whey do I do this? Because it looks like I am controlling the card. This allows me to then do the second phase slowly and clearly showing there are NO controls, making it more magical. Then finally the last phase it happens in their hands making it impossible.

If I were to do a bunch of fancy cuts throughout the routine, it would not make it "magical," it would simply make me look like I have practiced a lot.

Same thing goes for magicians learning "knuckle busters." I love Daniel Madison's work and think when he does what he dies, he is absolutely incredible. I do feel however that a lot of his work is overcomplicated simply for the sake of being able to show off how difficult the moves are, rather than giving any real advantage o the magician in the field. This make sense?

Reactions: Mr.Book

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
My lifetime favorite card trick is Jokers Wild. My favorite non card trick is Stigmata. My favorite coin trick is a silly version of the heads and tails vanish in Bobo's. My favorite book test is Word in a Million. I have a lot of fun performing sponge balls, so that's why I do that.

Currently my favorite card routine is To View A 'Skill by John Bannon. Tons of fun to perform for friends and family. And the method...oh the method....I hate it because it is so so good.

Then of course my favorite visual trick is Cointum Leap. Easy and fun! ;)

Reactions: Rev
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results