We've been dreaming. The Mystery Box.

Feb 17, 2014
Silver Spring. MD
I just had a novel thought. I ordered a luxury edition Artisans set late last week. They were slightly delayed due to a shortage of..... boxes. Hmmmmm. Wouldn't it be nice if my four decks showed up in a box like the Mystery Box? Maybe the "delay" was timed for 11AM tomorrow? I gotta lay off the Red bulls.............

Feb 17, 2014
Silver Spring. MD
think bout it RAYHR pronounce it out RAY-HER, RAYHER, RARE...I'm just saying

Nice catch. Hope it amounts to something.

Well the new hint is on Instagram and the JJ Abrams tie in that everyone knew was there is confirmed. Sure LOOKS like a deck.... Or a book.

One of the hash tags is #badrobot.... JJ Abrams production company. A TV show? Based on T11?

Apr 17, 2013
I keep thinking since they keep saying it;s not about the box but what is in it, why not do what I did when i started doing Ren Fairs? I went to Hobby Lobby Michael's and Garden Ridge and found a box that looks close to that and it help the props I needed. They run between $10 and $25.

Aug 30, 2012
now the question is what did they collaborate on? last time it was a deck. a very nice deck a=but a deck all the same. it looks like it could be a tuckbox

Feb 17, 2014
Silver Spring. MD
now the question is what did they collaborate on? last time it was a deck. a very nice deck a=but a deck all the same. it looks like it could be a tuckbox

I think if there is a deck it will be in the form of a compliment to the main "attraction" so to speak. I just don't get the feeling this is just a deck. I agree it looks like it could be a deck but it could just as easily be the spine of a book or DVD case. in 10 hours and 45 minutes we'll know.......

Less than one hour remaining! So BEYOND excited to show you guys what we've been working on, what it means, what it's for, and WHY we did this - it's so much more than just an object. So excited!

http://www.theory11.com/mysterybox

One question JB:

I'm gonna be out when this thing drops...and won't be back to my computer till tomorrow morning...will I be out of luck in getting hold of one of whatever the hell it is, or will there be enough?

Me

Feb 17, 2014
Silver Spring. MD
Well, I got all the blurred text right. I am a bit surprised it's just a deck. Not disappointed, just surprised. They look beautiful. Too bad I can't afford the box along with the brick inside. It's a work of art all by itself.

BTW, You couldn't have chosen a better person to demo the cards in the final video.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Such a let down.

I didn't know what to expect, but not just a deck of playing cards.
The product page talks a lot about mystery and about the choice of opening or not opening the box, but that choice is completely irrelevant since we already know what's inside: 12 decks of Mystery Box playing cards, which we can see in the pictures or the videos. For 150 dollars. If you don't open it, since you know what there is inside, it represents nothing but a waste of money, in my opinion... The TED talk was really inspiring, this is just an over-hyped deck for 10 bucks.

I expected nothing, yet it disappointed me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results