Nov 29, 2009
Opening with Blindsided

a classic slapping card trick

classic duplicate card transportation

stigmata

Kaos

Digital Conviction

Close with Thread.

It's just a generic routine I go through on the street. If I am at a event, I usually organize a more specific routine.

I find that classic card tricks are great for hooking peoples attention. Once you have a reasonable crowd, bust out the heavy hitters like Thread and Kaos. In crowd situations, there is generally less likely chance of hecklers. But that is just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
-something with a color change
-blind
-show-off (my creation)
-stigmata
-pressure
-freak: (a newer trick by will houstoun that i have been using non-stop for the last 24hrs)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Why...? You can't perform what I perform. I can't perform what you perform. Why? You're not me, and vice versa. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't buy tricks and perform them as is, either. All of my effects can be traced back somewhere, but all can lay claim to be original to a certain degree as well. So it's basically listing original effects, which you can't do anyway.

Although, it'll be an interesting demonstration of how little people know about magic, beyond what's popular.

I'm sorry to come off so negative, but I'm curious.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Well, I perform something to the degree of this:

Muscle Pass/Coin falling up
multiple Vanish + reproduction sequence
(load in extra coin, do flying shuttle, then split)
with these two coins, I like to do tenkai pennies, or a audival coins across I developed.

Then, I start riffing it. It all depends on audience response, or connection.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Well, I Usually change every month, right now is

Sure?-Trick Of Mine
Card To Mouth
ACR with Card To Wallet
Prophet
Bill Switch
Aztek Levitation
Coin Under Watch
Rubberband Stuff
Pressure

sometimes changes depending on where the audience take me

and deliver my business card!!!

Hey everyone im looking for some new effects so I created this.
Basically list everything you perform street wise and then we can look each others effects up and possibley buy it if we like what we see.

I perform:
Invisible Deck
Ultamate Transporsition
Energy (Created by me)
Card to window, bottle, etc
Raven coin vanish then appears under there friends watch
Raven coin through table
Self tieing shoelace

What do you perform?
they vary but my money effects are:

ivanish
sick
PopCorn (my effect)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
If it is a paid close up show: No particular order...just listing effects
1.) Kostya's Warning
2.) Slip Off Spots Hot Rod routine with Die cube
3.) Cups and Balls
4.) Hyrum the Haunted Hank
5.) Coin Funnel
6.) Bannon's Twisted Sisters
7.) Witness
8.) Sloppy Triumph
9.) Rubber band routine
10.) Smoke and Mirrors Packet Trick
11.) Wiregram

there may be a few others that I mix in from time to time

Strolling: All reset effects
1.) Alan Wong - Star Gazer and CMH
2.) Sloppy Triumph
3.) Free Will - Mentalism Effect
4.) Biddle
5.) Mismade Dollar
6.) Psychic Color Chips
7.) Invisible Deck
8.) This and That

Impromptu: (Normally this is just to impress and get some people to say, "Wow..this guy is worth hiring.")
Ring Thing
Biddle
Stigmata
CMH
Sloppy Triumph

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
It really depends on what I am doing and what I am trying to protray.

However, less is more in my eyes so usally I just play which hand games with people and things like pervaricator. Very simple to understand and uses nothing that I cannot find in 3 seconds. But it is a good starting point to use with people for many reasons however they work for me and probably not you.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
It clearly says streetwise so obviously street magic.
ah gotcha.
well since foolzight simply said "magic" I thought he was implying a different sorts of performance. and my question on how he does still stands.Could be comedy,drama,etc.
Since he said he performs magic I feel he is a far cry from the guys who just say they are "themselves".

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Best.Response.Ever.

But does that mean general magic effects?just Cards? street,parlour,close-up,etc?

I do close-up street magic on a big stage in my hometown...

I've been leaning and developing a good parlor act, but do walk around (restaurant and stand up walk around alike) more than anything.

I'm with praetoritevong in the sense that telling you what I perform will not help you at all.

For the streets, do stuff that can be done in the streets...you really only need 2 or 3 pieces of magic sense your audience changes every 15 minutes (or less if you're a quick performer...just think of how many performances you can get in if we skip words and just say 'watch...' while doing our magic!!!)

Edit/add:
And I'm not myself. I like to try out different things, but I like to put on a different character every couple of performances, really helps me develop a multifariousness of talents/abilities. Close up cards/coins/whatever are fun, but escapes are also fun. I also want to learn fire eating...but am hesitant. I try to be consistent in my energy, but can do a very serious philosophy driven effect as well as the same philosopher only in a more comedic, sarcastic tone.

I don't think I'm half as interesting as my friends think, so I enjoy going for broke, more recently, and trying new things.

Edit 2:
Energy, what is this effect you speak of? You said it's your creation...you can just describe it, here or through PM.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I do close-up street magic on a big stage in my hometown...

I've been leaning and developing a good parlor act, but do walk around (restaurant and stand up walk around alike) more than anything.

I'm with praetoritevong in the sense that telling you what I perform will not help you at all.

For the streets, do stuff that can be done in the streets...you really only need 2 or 3 pieces of magic sense your audience changes every 15 minutes (or less if you're a quick performer...just think of how many performances you can get in if we skip words and just say 'watch...' while doing our magic!!!)

Edit/add:
And I'm not myself. I like to try out different things, but I like to put on a different character every couple of performances, really helps me develop a multifariousness of talents/abilities. Close up cards/coins/whatever are fun, but escapes are also fun. I also want to learn fire eating...but am hesitant. I try to be consistent in my energy, but can do a very serious philosophy driven effect as well as the same philosopher only in a more comedic, sarcastic tone.

I don't think I'm half as interesting as my friends think, so I enjoy going for broke, more recently, and trying new things.

Edit 2:
Energy, what is this effect you speak of? You said it's your creation...you can just describe it, here or through PM.

Oh no im not asking to help my performance. Im asking cause im just curious. If you were talking to the thread starter then ignore what I just said.
Close-up magic on stage? Thats contradicting aint it? Haha
Sounds very cool though. Ive yet to perform a full stage show.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Oh no im not asking to help my performance. Im asking cause im just curious. If you were talking to the thread starter then ignore what I just said.
Close-up magic on stage? Thats contradicting aint it? Haha
Sounds very cool though. Ive yet to perform a full stage show.

Sorry to leave out the /sarcasm...that first part was but a joke.

And I know you didn't want the help, but the original purpose was to bring to light effects that people use so he(or we) may find new ones to use ourselves...which is counterproductive if you ask me.

At the risk of sounding like a completely arrogant tard I'm going to have to say I'm not really comfortable with supplying you information on the kind of act that I do with the forknowledge that you may want to "borrow" some of my ideas or effects. I say this not because I'm concerned for my originality but more so for your safety. Most of the stuff I do is kind of dangerous if done untrained.

Sorry.

Mar 7, 2009
Huntington, WV
Ambitious Card
Hedberg's Peak (D&D)
Queens (D&D)
Rip Transpo
Simple Mind reading
Biddle Trick (JB)
Election (CK)
Angle Zero (DM)
3 Fry (CK)
Hellbound Spellbound (CK)
Thread (WH)
Stigmata v1, v2, v3 (WH)
Ashes on The Arm (too many to name lol)
Ultimate Transpo (Oz Pearlman)
Ring Thing (Me)
Wild (Me)
Fav. Aces (my friend)
Freak (Will Houstoun)
Blind (DM)
Pressure (DG and DW)

The List is endless lol.
these are some of my favorites to perform.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results