What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2009
I couldn´t agree more...but I don´t like when someone come here and complain and when I check how he has contribute here...I find

Hey Luis take a look at my posts have I contributed? You seem to have read the kiss thread. Did you miss the post made by haunter that said something like if you see a thread that you feel is useless the adults don't post in it? Oh I suppose since I barely contribute any valid information that my opinion is worthless hmm?

That is basically what you just told Justice.

He was just asking the "Community"(12) why the lack of "gold mines"?(12)

Whatever I don't really have time to post thorough posts anymore due to personal life. But on the upside I have job now! yay!!

Sep 3, 2007
ever I don't really have time to post thorough posts anymore due to personal life. But on the upside I have job now! yay!!

Check this out brother. This is a double lift that I use that is created by me. Hope you like it, because it will be gone in a day or two.

I use my thumb to lift up 2 cards. That is the secret.

Sep 1, 2007
so your saying that you dont think the roundtables are interesting and beneficial to the community?

or are those an exception?

They came across as kind of tame and I just stopped reading them after a while. Nothing really caught me. Besides, I can't really support any causation on this, but I don't think people really learn anything from the roundtables because there's very little indepth discussion in general. When I go to a lecture, I usually come back with one or more subjects I want to talk about. I don't really see that here.

Put it this way. It's a known fact around here I like the David DeAngelo programs. In several of his DVDs, his guest speakers will say, "I want a promise from you guys that you're going to go out and use this tonight. I run into a lot of guys after these seminars who loved the material but still can't get anywhere with women because they never used it. I want to know you're not wasting your time and mine."

That's what I think the roundtables are. Maybe they've gotten better since I gave up reading them, but I don't think anyone outside of a handful of people are actually applying what they hear or are even learning a damn thing.

Sep 1, 2007
instead of complaining,you should MAKE the good threads.
The people who used to make them are tired of this mess.

Again, the reason most of us stopped making threads is because they never crack 2 pages before getting pushed into oblivion by redundant copies of, "What should I buy?!" and, "Are Guardians better than Shadow Masters?" and, "How come D&D's site is down?"

Aug 14, 2009
Behind a mask
I read the forums from time to time quiet in the background, and all I see is how good threads get buried under other threads like "Who is better Criss Angel or Brian Tudor?"

Participating in some threads is one thing.

Wasting my time creating a new thread to see how it gets buried it's another.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I read the forums from time to time quiet in the background, and all I see is how good threads get buried under other threads like "Who is better Criss Angel or Brian Tudor?"

Participating in some threads is one thing.

Wasting my time creating a new thread to see how it gets buried it's another.

Thanks, but no thanks.

then dont complain if your not going to try.

Sep 1, 2007
Instead of making this thread you could have simply searched for those good threads and brought them back up.

That's necromancy. Revived threads like that typically get one or two posts from people who don't realize that the thread has been given a shambling unlife and another three of four from people screaming, "ZOMBIE!!!!"

Not a terribly effective tactic.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
That's necromancy. Revived threads like that typically get one or two posts from people who don't realize that the thread has been given a shambling unlife and another three of four from people screaming, "ZOMBIE!!!!"

Not a terribly effective tactic.

yeah,but the guy wants "good thread" to come up but he doesnt want to take the time to actually make one.
Thats the best he can do. He just strikes me as lazy

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Some observations about our art form:

1) Remember the majority of our forum membership are hobbyists; which means a totally different level of commitment: time, money and passion-wise.

2) Learning a sleight, it's like sport or any skill. It can take 100s to 1000s of repetitions to execute a sleight at a meagerly performable level (at least for us ungifted people). This can get very boring and uninteresting.

Working at a Fitness Center, I see this all the time where people execute their workout just so they can check it off their "TO DO" list. The people that are most engaged are those with a special event or a deadline they're working towards. OR they are people that just got a new resource like a new magazine, book or fitness video / program. Even then the excitement lasts for about a month, after which there seems to be a mental threshold where many people tend to fall off the wagon.

POINT: Maybe there's nothing meaty for us to chat about because we're unengaged with our magic. So we come to the forums to get re-sparked and hyped about something. When it's not there -- ***** about it.

Moreover, when I'm engaged in my magic, connecting and centering myself with all that got me into magic in the first place, I'm Excited! I'm looking for opportunities to perform! I'm searching out people who are better than I am to get tips! I'm reading new books and working on patter.

Because I'm engaged I'll: 1) post more expressing my passion / opinions; I'll jump into other threads; I'll ask serious questions, looking for serious answers; when I browse the lists of recent topics, I don't even give asinine, worthless topics a glance and USE THE SEARCH function much more often, not caring how old the topic is.

Or 2) I'll be so busy with a new trick or sleight, I won't even come onto the forums. I.e. passionate people might not have time to post here because they're so consumed with magic, or performing, or working on their chops, or routining, or coming up with something more origional.

POINT 2: Are we looking for something unrealistic -- a constant flow of engaging conversation sourcing, as a community, from unengaged people? Or worse, are we looking for motivation from the Outside rather than generating motivation from the Self. Self motivation is much more powerful and long lasting than someone else motivating me.

Just my 2 kanucks.

Sep 1, 2007
yeah,but the guy wants "good thread" to come up but he doesnt want to take the time to actually make one.
Thats the best he can do. He just strikes me as lazy

There's a difference between laziness and recognizing when not bloody your knuckles on a brick wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results