When do you know you are a professional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Oh ya I forgot sorry guys, it is bad to have high goals, and accomplish them which is what I am doing.

yeah im a great basketball player, i wanna be a pro.

doesn't mean its going to happen.

stop being cocky, no one appreciates it.

No one can tell you when your a pro, you will know it.

Mar 2, 2008
When you stop thinking the best magicain of all time is the newest person to realse somthing on theory11.....

But really, i think it is when you can get a job out of any trade or skill that takes years of training. In this case magic.

Go ahead and have high goals, there's nothing wrong with that. Personally I'd love to be the buisiest magician in the UK and eventually have other magicians working for me.

But do yourself a favour and shut up! look at what you've written and take all of this thread in if you want to get any benefit from it.

At the moment my main income is from doing restaurant work as a magician. I really enjoy it and I think the staff enjoy having me around too.

I have a website, I have buisness cards, and I've even gone far enough to put an advert in a gay wedding magazine to make sure that my name is out there so people know I exist.

I agree that being a pro means being good enough to be paid, but I also think you need brilliant people skills. You could walk into a bar with 7 gimmicked decks, but as long as you have the people skills you can pull it off.

stop being so pretentious and listen to the people who know their stuff. We are here to help you out, but if you don't respect other magicians who are trying to help you then you'll get nowhere in life, never mind as a professional magician.

Simon_Magic

Nov 10, 2007
Massive Bashing, I thought that only Mistifyer1 was able to pull that off.

You are rude to so many people dude.
MLB is to Andrei Jikh as Mystifier1 is to Criss Angel, stop making fun of people, get off these forums and get a life, instead of bashing people online because yoju can't do it in real life.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
MLB is to Andrei Jikh as Mystifier1 is to Criss Angel, stop making fun of people, get off these forums and get a life, instead of bashing people online because yoju can't do it in real life.

I at least dont go around in the street walking with my hands and showing my belly.....

Love ya too man, ill try to be more hypocrite the next time I post.

Aug 18, 2008

Get off your high horse or get out of here

Sep 1, 2007
England
You also probably go on Theory11 everyday

And that's what makes you a professional magician...?

I despair.

By the very meaning of the word, you are a professional if you get paid to do magic. A lot of people seem to think professional is synonymous with good. Wrong. There are some amazing hobbyists out there, just as there are some appalling professional magicians. For the most part professionals tend to also be good (you don't get bookings otherwise) but it's not true in general.

Tom

Oh ya I forgot sorry guys, it is bad to have high goals, and accomplish them which is what I am doing.

In the most respectful of ways, I would like to know, what are you doing to accomplish that goal? Why are you going to be great, and the rest of us aren't? What are you doing differently?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here.

RD doesn't bash people, he has the balls to tell them the truth, and that quote in his sig isn't even his, someone else said it. And I don't think you have much of a place telling RD to stop being disrespectful, when you are doing it yourself. Please, if you really want to be a great closeup magician (which I'm not saying you won't be) you need to learn to listen and respect others, trust me, it will take you far.

Nov 10, 2007
In the most respectful of ways, I would like to know, what are you doing to accomplish that goal? Why are you going to be great, and the rest of us aren't? What are you doing differently?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here.

RD doesn't bash people, he has the balls to tell them the truth, and that quote in his sig isn't even his, someone else said it. And I don't think you have much of a place telling RD to stop being disrespectful, when you are doing it yourself. Please, if you really want to be a great closeup magician (which I'm not saying you won't be) you need to learn to listen and respect others, trust me, it will take you far.
I practice every second I get the chance:
the 4 minutes from class to class
Car rides
When going to bed
I am also getting my name out there I have been on the news a few times. I go to magic conventions to get my name out their, to show other magicians my skill level.
When I go to a magic convention I want to show them my card stuff and then be the talk of the convention, oh man look at this kid he is awesome, I don't see a point in doing something if you won't be the best.
Thats' how I see it.

Nov 10, 2007
I at least dont go around in the street walking with my hands and showing my belly.....

Love ya too man, ill try to be more hypocrite the next time I post.

So you don't like to have fun, awesome, when doing magic you just go and do it with a straight face without haveing fun when looking for people, thats' awesome, too, I want too be like you someday. Oh wait your next response:
Oh thanks for sayng you want to be like me
Have a nice day:)

Their you go you dont have to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results