Wire submissions are now live!

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I'm baffled.... I was on my Dashboard, clicked on "Submit" and it redirects me to the 10 Step List.... I click "Submit My First Trick Now" and it took me back to my dashboard. Can anyone help with this? It won't let me submit and keeps switching between two totally unhelpful pages!

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I don't know, it's working for me. One suggestion I have is that no where in the Wire section do I see how people will even find new tricks? Are the newest tricks the ones that are featured? Or what? Because if they don't show any of the tricks, then all people will ever see is the top paid ones, which will be always top paid because no one will see the other tricks. Maybe add an "all tricks" section?

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I've found that I can get to the submit form only one way: When you get to the how to submit page, hit the submit button near the slogan Innovate. Publish. Advance. Inspire. The one near the bottom doesn't work for me.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Well crap... there's nothing that allows it to accept PDF's It's only video submissions!

You could do a "powerpoint" type video. I have a mentalist piece that I think I'll do like that. I'll just do a preview of me performing in the video and then after they download it I'll give my email or a link with the pdf version. I'm trying to see if I can work it out so it looks good though.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Even though there is no specific place that says Upload PDF, click Upload on the instructional part. Click on the PDF anyway, even though it's not a video. It still accepts the media and attaches it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey Will, PDF's are fully supported and absolutely welcomed. You'll still need a preview video to show people what they're getting, though.

In less than one week, over 400 artists created accounts on The Wire. Submissions are now ENABLED! The Wire is LIVE. We spent the past 3 days locked in the office hunkered down fixing a few remaining bugs in the submission process. Everything is now enabled and ready to roll! The Wire is live, and now it's in your hands. A great new effect was added tonight by Bob Smith (Salvation), and many more will be added in the coming days as submissions are rolling in.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I'm baffled.... I was on my Dashboard, clicked on "Submit" and it redirects me to the 10 Step List.... I click "Submit My First Trick Now" and it took me back to my dashboard. Can anyone help with this? It won't let me submit and keeps switching between two totally unhelpful pages!

Hey Michael, this has been fixed - try it now! Good catch!

Jan 13, 2008
One suggestion I have is that no where in the Wire section do I see how people will even find new tricks? Are the newest tricks the ones that are featured? Or what? Because if they don't show any of the tricks, then all people will ever see is the top paid ones, which will be always top paid because no one will see the other tricks. Maybe add an "all tricks" section?

There is a "Most Popular" list at the side...at the bottom of that list, there is a horizontal list for "Featured" videos...under that there is another horizontal list entitled "Newest". This is where you'll find the newly submitted tricks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results