Nov 10, 2014
Well shoot, i'm new to this releasing magic thing, so I will re edit my video, credit who needs to be credited, show an uncut version of the trick, and redo my intro for the trick, so thank you for your constructive critisism

also can i edit my old posts, and if so how?
You can only edit within 5 minutes of posting, sorry.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Looks like a great routine! The "method" you use is actually one I use often in many of my routines and is a great way to get the selection between the sandwich.

Here is my advice:

Since this is not a common handling, you can try to upload it and see if T11 accepts it (they will reject it if it is something they have seen before.) I would also do my best to credit every influence you can think of that led you down this path. Even if you came up with it on your own, try to find out where this idea or handling comes from. I would suggest crediting other sandwich routines you have seen that inspired this handling and would pitch it as an "idea" for a sandwich effect rather than a "new handling" as Rev said, it is simple enough that it may already be in print.

Either way I think you are on the right track on creating and using you imagination so Bravo!

As for editing posts, you can ask an admin to delete posts for you if need be, but you may only edit within a 5 min window.

Hope any of this helps!

Reactions: Martin Eret

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
As @Rev said, the general method you are using is the same as the methods used by Benard Bills and John Carney. I'd have to pull the books to see how close the handling is. Kudos to you for coming up with that handling and performing it well

To answer your original question, I don't think anybody would pay for this. The method is not new, the effect isn't substantially different than other sandwich effects out there and it is a lot of work to do a control then the two moves necessary to get the card into position for the sandwich. There are a lot better sandwich effects including Aaron Fisher's Simple Sandwich / Search and Destroy, Eric Jones Ishkabibble Sandwich and John Bannon's Watching the Detectives.

As for your handling, be wary about playing with the cards too much - it give the impression of "skill" over magic. For example, at :30 in the video you make an unnecesary rotation of the deck. Every time you do "something" with the deck, the spectators see "something" and think that the "something" is how you do the effect. Remember, if a spectator think they understand any part of the method, they think they understand the whole thing.

Dec 6, 2015
Canada
I agree with David, however don't let the world of competitors and magic effects already out there stop you from creating new magic. Your video editing skills are alright and you seem very enthusiastic about sharing your creativity with the world - keep going.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results