You Do As I Do, daveygs magic V.S. MagicJohnny - Voting Open

Oct 22, 2008
When I posted the thread for the You Do As I Do challenge. I got two responses. So I figured, why not battle both.

In this battle we could use any variation we wanted, I chose to use my own. It's similar to "Blind" by Daniel Madison, but I don't know the method to Madison's so I don't know if they're the same.

I filmed it in Black in White, or as I call it, "Daniel Madison Style."

Please vote and leave feedback. Tell us who you voted for and why. I really appreciate it and I'm sure MagicJohnny does too.

i found it but first of all post link, secondly i didn't think either performance was really that great. Not really any reactions yet i give daveygs magic the vote cause he actually got out and did a real performance instead of a setup. U are lucky, I was thinking about not voting this time. But the live performance saved u man. Just work on being more into the performance.

Just some advice.

-Jake

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
I voted for Davey, not only because his hair's full of awesomeness, but because of the way he talked to the audience and laughed with them and everything. Also, I liked his version of the trick better, all though that didn't really make much difference to me.
As for MagicJohnny, I know it was only your brother in the video, but maybe you could have interacted with your brother, or maybe you could have just got a live audience

Jan 28, 2009
Look people are going to be excited at Davey because he went out and performed (which is a rare thing to be seen on these forums), but the performance wasn't that great. He went on some mentalist thing AFTER he'd done the trick, rather than doing it as an introduction. The audience was never really engaged and so the trick never really panned out.

Now Magic, as for your trick, I liked it, lol. It took me a while to figure it out, and it was only when I realized the method that I realized how well your although monotone patter was in misdirecting me from how obvious what was actually going on was. (Whcih is the goal of patter.) and ultimately I thought it was the better handling. (It troubled me somewhat that your little brother appeared to handle cards better than Davey but there you go.

I voted for you Magic because the effect and the patter was way better in distracting me as to what was going on.

I also don't believe that just being around an audience makes a video better. Davey, props for going out and performing, but honestly, you didn't relate to that audience. I've had people faint using blind before, but you really have to engage them in it, otherwise they're like.....what.....but why do I care.

Look people are going to be excited at Davey because he went out and performed (which is a rare thing to be seen on these forums), but the performance wasn't that great. He went on some mentalist thing AFTER he'd done the trick, rather than doing it as an introduction. The audience was never really engaged and so the trick never really panned out.

Now Magic, as for your trick, I liked it, lol. It took me a while to figure it out, and it was only when I realized the method that I realized how well your although monotone patter was in misdirecting me from how obvious what was actually going on was. (Whcih is the goal of patter.) and ultimately I thought it was the better handling. (It troubled me somewhat that your little brother appeared to handle cards better than Davey but there you go.

I voted for you Magic because the effect and the patter was way better in distracting me as to what was going on.

I also don't believe that just being around an audience makes a video better. Davey, props for going out and performing, but honestly, you didn't relate to that audience. I've had people faint using blind before, but you really have to engage them in it, otherwise they're like.....what.....but why do I care.

thank you!
I am really glad about that comment!
I really do wanna get out on the street and perform for a live audience (i do it, but not in english ;) )
But for these battles i cant do it, because i live in germany, sorry!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results