Saturday Night Contest : What You Think

Nov 10, 2007
Yes, I like the idea of a new card concept perhaps a simple way of switching a card in the action of nothing more then natural.

Mar 30, 2009
Another Concept...

Well there is the whole battling section....why not do a ridiculous showdown type thing and the top whatever winners get prizes in ascending order...

I.E. 8th gets some tallys
7th gets some propagandas or centurions etc
6th gets erdnase bees
5th gets a one on one and 2 decks of choice
4th gets 2 one on ones and 2 decks of choice
3rd gets 3 one on ones and 2 decks of choice
2nd gets a trick of choice
1st gets a trick of choice and a free live session with an artist of choice (most likely the artist who developed the trick)

Top 4 also get a chance to submit an idea/video to Theory11 as per a trick and are welcome to compile their stuff together on a dvd.
Moderators and "Artists" (As per theory11) Judge and the winners go through like that.

Jan 31, 2010
Top 4 also get a chance to submit an idea/video to Theory11 as per a trick and are welcome to compile their stuff together on a dvd.
Moderators and "Artists" (As per theory11) Judge and the winners go through like that.

Submitting a trick isn't a good prize as it's available to everyone anyway.

Mar 26, 2009
id like to perform

your contest shouldnt be anything over devaloped it should just be deiffrent kind of performance everyweek with a little twist to it

like performing for someone but getting them to tip you on film or somen

something that benifits the performer, and the best vid gets a diffrent prize every week

how about an cardistry contest? maybe create your own one handed cut or something...
or the idea with the card tower.. but to proof that its not glued the person makes an video and in the end he destroys the tower by.... blowing on it or something...

Here's a SNC idea for you.

Magic is universal. Magic transcends language barriers. People understand entertainment, and can be moved powerfully by the images that they see, regardless of race, nationality, creed, or language.

Use magic to create a presentation that is either a single effect or full routine that does not involve any spoken words at all.

The message, and effect, must be clearly understood without relying on spoken dialog.

I like this idea... not sure if it has been done since this was posted but I'm all for it!

Silence...

Mitch

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
I haven't read the whole thread so this may have already been suggested, but would it be possible to make it easier for people to enter who live in different countries? Only it is a bit exclusive at the moment. Perhaps have one that's on another night of the week, but so that it falls in the early hours of the morning in America and a relatively sensible hour here in England. Better still would be if you could have it on Saturday night as well but with some sort of filtering system on which country each person's profile is set to. I don't know enough about internet connections etc to know how it would best be done, but if we could have one in england too, that'd be great...
Thanks

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I haven't read the whole thread so this may have already been suggested, but would it be possible to make it easier for people to enter who live in different countries? Only it is a bit exclusive at the moment. Perhaps have one that's on another night of the week, but so that it falls in the early hours of the morning in America and a relatively sensible hour here in England. Better still would be if you could have it on Saturday night as well but with some sort of filtering system on which country each person's profile is set to. I don't know enough about internet connections etc to know how it would best be done, but if we could have one in england too, that'd be great...
Thanks

Or have longer ones, starting Saturday night and ending 24 hours later on Sunday. This would give people all round the world a chance to get involved too.

Oct 11, 2007
Find a creative way to mix an art, hobby, or practice that you already do with magic into a routine, performance, effect, etc.

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
I would like to see a round table discussion with Jonathan Bayme. It's been a while since we've had one, and it would be nice to get to know the CEO of one of the greatest magic sites today.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results