Quiting?

D

Deleted member 2755

I'm a lefty meaning I had to learn J5 and Pandora by doing the opposite and it is VERY difficult and at times discouraging but I love that feeling since I don't get it too often. When I finally learned it, I felt accomplished that I had learned something as complex while having to reverse every little motion. Not many people know what lefties have to go through in order to learn advanced two handed material. lol

It's very difficult but don't give up...keep watching every little detail over and over, you will get it with time (lots of it) and patience (loooots of it).

-Andrei Jikh

Thank you for posting this Andrei. I look at people such as you, Dan, Dave, Madison, Kevin Ho, and more as inspiration for practicing flourishes. It just amazes me. Thank you so much for this post. You make me want to crack out the Trilogy again. :)

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

I did earlier today.
I liked it.

I will agree with you though on the Trilogy. I have all the trouble in the world on these flourishes. The only flourish I have managed to learn successfully from the DVD is the Caraghan Fan. However, I was able to learn A LOT more easily from Dangerous. It all depends on your learning style. I will continue to work hard on the Flourishes and I recommend you do as well. Don't give up. :)

-Doug

Jan 27, 2008
I will agree with you though on the Trilogy. I have all the trouble in the world on these flourishes. The only flourish I have managed to learn successfully from the DVD is the Caraghan Fan. However, I was able to learn A LOT more easily from Dangerous. It all depends on your learning style. I will continue to work hard on the Flourishes and I recommend you do as well. Don't give up. :)

-Doug
Actually, there really is no big difference between the teaching style of d&D and Dm, dm's material is just plain easy, which is probably the reason you found it easier to learn it.
There are two learning styles: patient, and impatient.
One things for sure, you won't get far in this art with dedication and patience.

Sep 1, 2007
Actually, there really is no big difference between the teaching style of d&D and Dm, dm's material is just plain easy, which is probably the reason you found it easier to learn it.
There are two learning styles: patient, and impatient.
One things for sure, you won't get far in this art with dedication and patience.

Don't you mean without dedication and patience? :p

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Good news guys, I learned the skater cut, and after playing around with it for a couple days, I figured out a better way to start going into it and a better ending for it.
I think I'm getting the hang at this.
I might post a video up in a couple days to see what you guys think.

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
If you want to be inspired to keep learning, buy the Werm. It was my first real flourish. It's easy to do, and the teaching is great.

Oh come on! Just stop complaining, sit on your bottom, and practice. I have really small hands, and it's very hard for me... I actually curse D&D daily, cause it's so hard to get their flourishes done with my sort of hands.
But I don't give up. It might take me years to do them smoothly, but I don't care. See, failure is just a temporary state, but giving up make this state permanent. A looser is not a person who can't do something, a looser is a person who gives up when he can't do something. Always keep trying, and you'll never be a looser.
So chin up, and go do some flourishes.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Oh come on! Just stop complaining, sit on your bottom, and practice. I have really small hands, and it's very hard for me... I actually curse D&D daily, cause it's so hard to get their flourishes done with my sort of hands.
But I don't give up. It might take me years to do them smoothly, but I don't care. See, failure is just a temporary state, but giving up make this state permanent. A looser is not a person who can't do something, a looser is a person who gives up when he can't do something. Always keep trying, and you'll never be a looser.
So chin up, and go do some flourishes.

I haven't been complaining lately, have you read through m y last post??
I said that I'm improving/ not complaining.

If you want to be inspired to keep learning, buy the Werm. It was my first real flourish. It's easy to do, and the teaching is great.

I'm a little more advanced than that.
I said I mastered most of the material in the system.
Only thing is that last flourish, reverse something.
Thanks anyway though.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
DannyT, if you're capable of mastering the flourishes in the system, you should have no problem mastering flourishes in the trilogy. Just keep practicing, don't give up!

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
as for the people saying "im a lefty so I had to reverse" WTF? just do the flourishes in both hands! :eek:

It's a little more difficult if you try it.

Take how you would learn a complicated flourish, then reverse the grip and hold the deck in the other hand and kinda reverse the actions.
That's what we go through if you can understand that.

Just keep practicing, don't give up!

Will do, my friend.

Jan 27, 2008
Good news guys, I learned the skater cut, and after playing around with it for a couple days, I figured out a better way to start going into it and a better ending for it.
I think I'm getting the hang at this.
I might post a video up in a couple days to see what you guys think.
lol NeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwOOOOOOOOOOOOO do not post a video in a couple of days unless you expect a 0/5... trust me, I've been there, you're gonna want to wait a long time before you release anything. People always take criticism more personally for some reason when they're a n00b.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results